Saturday 18 March 2006

Retort

Last night (again) as I was trying to sleep, YQ came back. And of course Mother climbed out of bed and began her usual harangue at him.

"Why so late?"
"Why are you going out again?"
"Are you gambling/ buying 4D?"
"Don't lie to me!"
"Are you smoking? Then why the lighter?"

To that last one, he retorted, "拿刀就要杀人啊?!" Funny :p

I can never retort when she nags at me. Nothing as witty :p But I can't be bothered too much so I'll clam or start to hum a bit. After a while, she'll leave me alone.

But I pity my bro, I really do. It's sad to see so little trust between them. I've given up telling her to quit accusing him of stuff he may not have done. I mean, give the kid a bit more slack la! Somehow, for him, I feel that the lack of trust causes him to rebel more than simply strict discipline, which she cannot really enforce anyway.

Found Mother watching Super Nanny on Thurs and I watched as well. I think there are things to learn from that show. There was no accusations, no caning, just strict enforcement of rules in the house, reasonable rules. I hope there are shows that can help her understand how to manage older kids like YQ, who is 21 btw, not exactly a kid..

2 comments:

  1. wow u are back! i read it all and man u were having a great time back at England! :)and oh a very detailed blog about ur trip too! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess it's good to see that it's not just American parents who don't have a clue, lol....

    Blogger's latest disaster kept me from making my intended St. Patrick's Day post (in fact I still can't use my regular browser on Blogger blogs, grrrrrrrr), so I'm belatedly giving you my latest dazzling poetic offering:

    Be of good cheer
    And drink some green beer
    St. Patrick's Day is here!! :-)

    xoxoxooxox

    Omni the Poet

    ReplyDelete