Sunday 12 March 2006

With shoes but without shoes

I'm logging on from hotel, broadband access costs £8 per hour or £20 per day - freaking ex! Must make it worth every penny.. Now a trivial before I blog on London..

On Wed, I was trying to break into a pair of C&K shoes I bought in Aug/Sep. It was a pair of pointy toes with short heels, lovely though the prints looked suspiciously like Gucci's G's..

Mistake! Developed two huge blisters and two slight abrasions above my heels on the way to work =(

Was saved by my office slippers but had to limp to ballroom in the evening. My dance shoes were better but the blisters were already there. Finally decided to take them off to just dance in my socks. Relief!

But my white socks turned grey black and my heels too, cos the socks only covered the front half of foot. Hence Sito called them balls' pouch when I first wore them some time ago *.* Decided that I couldn't bear to put on my shoes after class - dirty feet, painful blisters..

Walked barefooted to Boat Quay in the hope of grabbing a cab. Fat hope. Empty cabs ran by without stopping; those that stopped were on call. Picked up my phone to call for a cab and walked across to Clarke Quay while waiting for an operator. Turned out the operator had no idea where Clarke Quay MRT station was! What kind of crap was that?! I had to look for the exact road name for him - New Bridge Road btw.. Very pissed by then. It wasn't all; I waited more than 5min for the cab number, which never came! WE NEED MORE CABS ON THE ROAD!

A bus arrived at the bus stop outside the MRT so I hopped on holding my shoes. Changed to another bus that would bring me to my doorstep so I wouldn't have to walked barefooted all the way from town centre. No seat and I was on the phone, so did some acrobatics with only an elbow to balance against the pole in front on me.

The whole journey took me 45min. The path from bus stop to my block was lined with trees where birds would hide. So I stepped carefully to avoid any shit. Then the path right under my block was sandy so it was painful to walk! But I was happy with the sand, cos it meant upgrading, and talking about upgrading, Mother received this letter that pm saying that they would be starting work on the small room from 13 Mar until end of year! So happy!! The info centre gave me wrong info when I called earlier, told me my block would start only in Nov.. But, yes! Very happy!! :))) (triple chin, cos I'm so happy)

The next day, I took a pin in the office and poked the life out of the damned blisters. Think I did a pretty good job for a first timer :p

.. Oh I'm happy! :)))

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry to hear you walked so far and stood so long on bare feet. But if we allow more cabs on the road, it will drive down average income and make it harder for most of them to eke out a decent living. The solution lies with matching existing supply to demand. But then again, that's missing the point. I think the point is "someone" should have driven you home, so the goddess dun have to go through all that =P whatdya all think? heh =)

    ReplyDelete