Monday 14 October 2013

My memory's failing me..

This article says that deep sleep is when the brain moves memories from short-term storage to long-term storage. Not enough deep sleep? Well then, these memories will be lost.

That explains why I can no longer remember the details of ZK's early days! Some days these days, I would think of those days when I was alone at home with ZK but I could not for the life of me remember how the days were spent.

It must be yet another of nature's wonderful ways - so that human beings would not remember the painful early days and would go on and have more children to ensure the survival of their own kind!

*.*

But ok la, I think it wasn't that bad la.. But I *think* only; I cannot confirm cos I don't remember :)

And I'm just glad that I have this blog to help me remember things when this brain fails me.

Anyway, the past two weeks have been kind. Even though he can wake up quite early at 5 plus, ZK has been sleeping through from 8.30 pm for roughly half the week. Coupled with Y's arrival to take housework off me, I've never felt so rested in the past 15 months! Actually 16 months, what with all that moving before ZK arrived...

In other news, ZK seemed to be able to match "papa" to Papa. On the way home just now, I told him Papa was home these two days and he went "papa" - oh, I'm jealous! :p Yesterday, he showed that he could climb - onto his toy box to reach a night light on the bench, onto the sofa to reach the remote control at the top. He must be thinking I'm getting fat and want me to exercise more by chasing after him *.*

Oh, and speaking of exercising, ahem - I've signed up for 2013 StanChart Ekiden!!! Wish me luck haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment