Friday, 21 March 2014

A very full babymoon

Don't read this if you're hungry - you'll get hungrier! :p

Monday, 10 Mar 2014

We took the 8.30 am flight and arrived at Taipei at 1 pm. When we got to the city, we found a late lunch at a udon place at the Taipei Station. We had a bowl of udon each and shared some assorted tempura.

Checked into Sheraton Grande Taipei by 3.00 pm. Our junior suite was nice! There was a cabinet for coats and a walk-in wardrobe for the rest. And since we were going to be there until Thursday, I unpacked everything and felt happy :)

But I didn't feel too happy once I found the weighing machine :(

We lazed around for a while before heading out. First, we checked out the executive lounge and the gym. Then off to Shilin night market we went!

大肠包小肠! Meat sausage wrapped in a glutinous rice sausage!

We were queuing for it and this couple came near us to watch the food cooking. Then the girl asked her partner, "要排队吗?" Hello, you think we just stood there for fun??!

So happy to get our first food at the night market! The first of many!

胡椒饼! The meat was very peppery and yummy :)

Kindly walked into this stall while roaming.. Love them 生煎包! Think we had both the meat and the vege..

Then we had the meat one again at another stall :p

And of course Hotstar fried chicken in Sito's hands and 葱油饼 in mine!

I told myself that this time, I would have 阿宗面线 and we did! It was so good! Why didn't I have it the last time?? In fact, it was so good we had it again on Wednesday night - and we found that we could ask for one without the intestines! Save NT10 :p

And of course we had bubble tea along the way :) We shared the medium cup - there was no small actually - which is the equivalent of the big cup here, at NT35-45 typically, so cheap!

We also did some shopping - got two dresses for myself at NT350 each and two sets of PJs for ZK at NT100 each :)

Had to weigh myself again when we returned to our room :p Gained 400g! :p And that was before supper!

The 黑豆浆 was from 八方云集 where we also had meat and vege gyozas at NT5 each - pictures further down cos we had them again :p I forgot what the white thing was.. The skewer was a whole chicken thigh rolled into a roll - wonder how they did that..

It was Marvel night - watched movies until we got tired..

Tuesday, 11 Mar 2014

Leaving the curtains a little open was a bad idea. I woke with the sun *.*

But managed to Skype ZK before he left for school! Sito woke to say something too :) He was quite bewildered and kept looking to the door to see if I were there, hoho! He looked a bit sad though, as though he suddenly realised I wasn't there with him, sighs...

Did some work while Sito slept on *.*

Went to the lounge for a light and healthy breakfast of fruits and salad before heading out.

I was all decked out in pink! :) I left the coat unbuttoned when it wasn't too cold cos, well, my belly was bulging already... And I was so glad for my boots cos it rained every day - mostly drizzling except the last night but I never like wet toes!

Our plan was to eat at Jiufen! And we did! I was there before and loved it, but it was Sito's first time there. Let me show him what to eat :)

First, some meat and fish balls at this place full of photos of the lady boss - almost like a shrine *.*

Fried mushrooms!

Ice cream popiah! I had it the last time too :)

I think we also had a mega sausage nearby - no picture but it was good!!

Hot yam balls in soup! My stomach was feeling bad by then so I thought hot would be better...

I didn't remember seeing so many stalls selling yam balls the last time though.. I did queue for hot yam cake that was the best I'd ever had. This time, I didn't spot a queue but bought one for each of us anyway - still yummy but cold. It was later when I realised that it was a timing issue - they restarted making yam cake later and there was a queue!

We walked up and down the street a few times looking at stuff and eating, but my gastric pain was getting no better so we decided that it was time to go. But not before we had some mega fried prawn balls!

We were supposed to go to Pingxi and/or Shifen but because of my stomach, we went back to rest instead, sighs... But not before we got a cup of bubble tea!

By evening time, we were ready for more food. And I was feeling better. So we went to Shida night market. It looked different from the last time but we managed to eat a lot too :)

Buns! Very big and juicy :)

Steak on spaghetti! We thought it wasn't spaghetti though.. More like thin udon..? Who cares, yummy!

虾仁煎! Cos we don't eat oysters...

Finally, 烧仙草! At first I thought it was different from last time as it was too watery, but after a while, we realised that I had forgotten that the thing would solidify after a while! So good :)

Before we left, we had wantan soup with beancurd, our only 卤味 the whole trip.

Then it was bubble tea number 2 with us at the hotel :) Oh, and we bought Hokkaido soft serve ice cream from the 7-11 near the hotel on the way back - it was so creamy and rich!

This night, we kept a toilet light on instead of the curtain, and I woke past 8.00 am! Bliss!

Wednesday, 12 Mar 2014

We always thought the pregnant woman sign was cute - like a ball hidden under clothes :p

Anyway, we started with a healthy breakfast at the lounge again, and walked to Huaining Street where I last stayed to check out the hotels there. The hotel I last stayed in was renovated! Heard from Kel it changed hands. Found a lot of food in the area as well - we thought we could stay there next time we go to taipei :)

Also walked around the station mall a bit but it was too early and many shops were still not open for business..

Then it was off to our one and only proper sit-down meal - at Ding Tai Fung! Waited for some 15-20 min for a table.

Loved my outfit - ribbon on belly! ^.^ And I let my hair down without my little clip - it's the "old" mf, i.e. what I used to look like years back!

We shared a 炸酱面, a 酸辣汤 and 10 小笼包 so that we could eat more later :p

Then we walked along Tonghua Street, and found 甜不辣!

And 八方云集 again! This time, we had the 白豆浆, vege gyoza and...

... 肉饺 and 虾饺! But the latter didn't taste much of prawns, bleah..

葱抓饼! Cos I love 葱 :p

Very full by then but how could we pass up on some mango dessert? :) Mango ice cream on shaved ice and mango :)

Being very full and it was too early for dinner, we went back to hotel to laze around, with a cup of bubble tea :) Then we went to Danshui!

Supposed to catch the sunset but it was cloudy and drizzling so there was nothing to see but food to eat :p

Didn't take pictures there though cos the drizzle turned into a downpour :( But we had fried mushrooms and fried squid, and walked around quite a bit. I thought it was a little place near the sea but there was actually a lot to see, including a seemingly huge shopping area that we didn't have time to see.. Next time..

We were determined to go to Shilin despite the rain! By then, the rain was having mood swings...

Had two of these, chicken with leeks - super spicy!

Glutinous rice! They call it 油饭 - so yummy :)

This was another fried chicken, with honey.

We had shelter from the rain at the cinema.. And next to the cinema was a bubble tea shop so... :)

Also had a vege 生煎包 but it turned cold as I started shopping :p Bought some hair accessories and a onesie for little baby to wear on discharge, very happy!

It was really pouring as we left and I got wet as my coat was not waterproof. So I took it off and pulled my scarf into a cardigan instead - Sito was so amazed! Repeat stunt back at hotel :p

Oh yes, that was yet another Hokkaido ice cream in my hand :) Also brought back our third cup of bubble tea - one for day 1, two for day 2, three for day 3! - and McPork :p Yes, there was a Macs opposite the 7-11!

More movies late into the night - after all, this was our last night in Taipei..

Thursday, 13 Mar 2014

Breakfast #1 - carrot cake, cheese 蛋饼 and soy milk.

Breakfast #2 - 温州大馄饨! We saw the chain umpteen times and finally had it!

Went all the way to Taipei Station, walked around, got bubble tea :) and headed back to the hotel. Also grabbed a 青葱长饼 along the way but we couldn't finish it - too full!

Packed our stuff and checked out. Grabbed a cab and off to the airport we went, sighs...

Lunch was 卤肉饭 for him...

And 牛肉面 for me!

Oh, so we had 卤 stuff again after all :)

Immigration was a breeze cos we got into the priority queue with my belly. Even back in Singapore, we didn't need to queue for a cab! But ended up in a more expensive cab, oh well!

We Skyped with ZK while waiting for our luggage - he was having dinner and looked bewildered again. Love this boy :)

So there, our first proper and well rested holiday and couple time in almost two years, and our last for quite a while... Probably going for a staycation before little baby arrives, and then it's lovely family time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...