Monday 27 July 2020

Boring term break

I kind of forgot about the term break until it was too late to plan for anything. But Kai is quite the homely sort so he is ok if I just play with him. But I had to work until 2 pm except Tuesday when I took the PM off.

A couple of weeks ago, Kai's nth version of his yankee doodle song included mention of char kway teow. I asked if he knew what that was. Of course he didn't though now that I think about it, he tried it some time ago at the coffeeshop nearby.

So on Tuesday, I brought him to the foodcourt to try it. But it was a bad choice. The auntie was unfriendly. She took my order and went in to cook. 10 seconds later, I went in to tell her mai hum. When the dish arrived and we tried it, I realised I should have told her mai hiam too! But why she also never asked *.*

Kai had chicken rice instead; the CKT was too spicy and not nice at all!


Made it up with gui ling gao which he chose - my boy has adult taste when it comes to non-ice cream dessert :p


Kai often asked me what to do in the day. Of course I suggested reading - reading used to occupy me for hours when I was a kid. But he doesn't like reading T.T So I told him to find something he would like and could occupy him. He has to learn. 

I found him folding his nth origami boomerang on Wednesday


But his wait for worthwhile coz instead of our usual comprehension for Wednesday, we headed out for Yakun! He likes Yakun kaya toast :) But that was before his dental visit, heh heh :p 

So satisfied!


I think he last saw a dentist last year in school. This year, there was no mention and COVID-19 hit. His upper incisors had stubborn brown streaks. I wondered if it was coz they were old milk teeth - he's eight and the two incisors finally started shaking just a few days before his appointment.

Found a dentist at BPP. It's quite costly but for a child, they recommended seeing a hygienist so that was cheaper. Though at almost $70, it was only slightly cheaper than my orthodontist who has been charging $80 for the past few years. Yang's visit cost $50 at the B9 at Buona Vista in June - gotta travel and I realised I wasn't sure if he had polishing done, as his teeth were still yellow. So I decided to go more local.

Anyway, we were happy with the result!


The hygienist did a great job! And he said the stains were probably due to food, and told Kai to brush after dinner too. So Kai had been brushing after dinner, finally! Though it hasn't been too consistent coz he forgets. But it's a good start :)

Took two hours of leave on Friday morning to bring Kai for breakfast. I had wanted to take the PM off but there was a meeting so I shifted the time to morning. Benefits of part-time and flexibility! And Kai wanted Yakun again. Just as well. The eggs I had were gentle on my tongue ulcer and lasted a long long while...

I thought of ending the term break with something sweet so made jelly on Sunday. But to my horror, it didn't set! I think I used too much water *.* Should have measured properly... Poured the liquid into popsicle moulds instead and they were an amazing motivation at dinner time today - Yang looked like he couldn't finish his dinner in time but for the popsicle, he finished his last bite with 10 seconds to go, yeah!

Yu was very happy when Kai announced he didn't want the popsicle anymore - Yu didn't mind any saliva haha!


Poser, this one :p Really, it wasn't a candid shot!


Poser said the head was like the single eye of a minion....


Kai also wanted to pose


Yu added on to posing by pretending to be minion on top and Vector on the bottom - they always pull their pants up high when referring to Vector, I don't know why....


But I digress from term break! Hope to plan better for September!

No comments:

Post a Comment