Tuesday 21 July 2020

Dinner with the kids every day

For many years, I had a proper breakfast, a proper lunch and a proper dinner every day. Then, some years back, a proper dinner with rice and three dishes started getting too heavy for me so I stopped having rice. 

When Kai started primary school last year, I didn't have time for breakfast at home before sending Kai to school and going to office from there. I also hated wasting time queueing to buy lunch at the coffeeshop. Since I ate in front of my laptop anyway (coz eating with others just took too much time), I might as well change my eating habits and save time.

So every Tuesday to Friday, I brought dinner from the day before in a glass box to heat up in office and eat it while going through emails. Monday breakfast was usually something heavy as well from the eateries near the office. I skipped lunch totally. Surprisingly, I might not even get hungry at dinner time so I gave up dinner totally, drinking only soup if there was any.

The past few months, I often felt hungry from mid afternoon, coz this helper gave me less rice for my breakfast. I thought I would try to lose some weight but nah, I ate when I got hungry :p

And I started wondering whether the kids were not eating well - picky, whine, slow, messy - coz they didn't see me eat dinner!

So I changed my eating habits again from yesterday. I had bread for breakfast, nothing for lunch, and together with them, rice with three dishes for dinner.

Unfortunately, helper made chicken wings yesterday so the kids were super slow. But I hope over time, they would learn to eat properly.

PS: Yu had two chicken wings and after a poop, finished his rice too. Then he told me he was very full. SO instead of jumping around on my bed after dinner, he aligned the books to make a triangle. 

I asked him to use his hands to show me his creation :p


Square! But in a different form from the triangle :p


But he managed to make a diamond!


1 comment:

  1. hi mf
    you have a photo of gigantic tomatoes in AMK, we are doing producing a program about neighbourhood for mediacorp TV. may i use your photos of this tomatoes, cos we want to talk about the history of amk. will credit you at hte end of the show. may need your approval. thanks beeyian from wawapictures

    ReplyDelete