Monday 13 July 2020

Kai's hands are so big now

I realised I hadn't held Kai's hands for some time until recently. Usually, I don't hold his hands when we cross the road in the morning. Usually, my hands are full with Yang and Yu when we head out together. And during the circuit breaker, we were at home and there was no need to hold hands.

In the week leading to his birthday, I held his hands quite a bit.

On Monday, 6 July, I brought him along for my dental trip, since it was Youth Day school holiday. We held hands whenever we were walking :)

Sunning himself after the dentist - partly due to the chill and also, he was attracted by the riverside even before we went to the dentist!


On Thursday, I took PM leave to fetch him from school. He said he wanted roti canai, trying to test me whether I knew what that was. Prata, of course! So we had that at Balmoral Plaza. He didn't want to eat there at first but I said it was better to have some time between lunch and ice cream. Oh yes, even though he had a cone on Monday already... And the place was way less crowded than our prata shop downstairs!

Trying tissue - with some curry!


The lady boss was very nice to give him some condensed milk to dip in. I told him not to eat too much of that - so sweet! And when I had the tissue, I realised it was coated with sugar inside!!! In the end, he decided he would have my plain prata instead. 

Sundae at Swensen's!


He didn't want cone anymore, ok.... Just as well - got some wings to share since he didn't have any meat with his prata earlier.

He took a shower when we came back and decided to wear his PJs even though it was only 3.30 pm. So he did his homework in PJs before playing Nintendo. But he didn't play his usual hour as the temptation to open his birthday present was too great!

Tobot Magma Six - as requested :)


Very happy though he asked why it was mini Magma Six - um, I didn't know!


Showing Papa his new toy


More presents from the grands!


So sweet that they were working on it together :) And what's cute is how they sit - right leg bent for chin to rest on! Unfortunately, I think that's also where Kai got his rough chin from....

Happy birthday, my big boy!


Coz he doesn't like cake, I thought I'd get an ice cream cake for him. He chose this design. But he didn't like the whole thing coz there was still cream on the cake. So ice cream is ok, cream is not. I shall bear that in mind!

A photo that took quite a bit of gathering, which still didn't melt the cake


But Yu is MIA! He was nua-ing in bed after his nap, and came out to place his monkey on the table - his rep :p And check out Yang's face - he was smelling the dry ice, I think... So funny!

Only my birthday boy was facing the camera properly :) Coz he's a big boy :) And big boy is very 懂事 coz he's learning to be more accepting of circumstances... 
  • On Saturday, he asked whether he could choose his dinner on his birthday on Sunday; Sunday lunch at home is always pizza, their #1 choice. Unfortunately, no coz Mum already ordered roast duck. 
  • So he asked to go to Ikea for dinner on Saturday instead. Unfortunately, again no coz it was already 4.30 pm when he asked, which meant it would be a late dinner by the time we gathered his brothers (who were just settling down to watch TV and would be difficult to move) to leave the house etc. So he asked for udon instead. We got him that and his fave maki.
  • When Sito heard about his Ikea wish, he offered to pack food from Ikea on Sunday. But Kai declined; he would just eat what was planned.
Awww.... 儿子长大了…… 😍

I must try to hold Kai's hands more. Very soon, he will have bigger hands than me and won't want me to hold his hands anymore! 😭

PS: Oh dear, I just discovered emoticons here... 😄

No comments:

Post a Comment