Friday 10 July 2020

Polling Day and date night out

There have been five General Elections since I turned 21. I wasn't in Singapore in 2001 and 2011 so I just voted for the third time.

  • First time in 2006 - still staying at AMK, voted in AMK GRC
  • Second time in 2015 - staying at Holland, voted in Tanjong Pagar GRC
  • Third time today - staying at BP, voted in Holland-Bukit Timah GRC

I coloured the words on purpose just because....why so strange?! Hoho!

This was Sito's second time. He said 2006 was a walkover for his constituency. No such things these days!

This was also the first time I was close to election duties - thankfully this reserve was not activated! Long duty hours aside, Sito had to work most of today - he's still working as I type this. I spent a lot of today doing activity books with Yang and Yu while Kai played with his new toy. It felt very much like a Saturday.

I left the kids and A to their dinner, and left to vote with Sito. Our polling station is West View Primary School, a quick walk away. We barely got in line when Yang called - oh yes, he now knows my number...

Yang: Are you there?
mf: Where?
Yang: Polling?
mf: Yes!
Yang: How many people? (Coz I mentioned long queues before leaving the house)
mf: Many! Ask Kakak to show you photo of the queue.
Yang: Ok, bye bye! (Abruptly!)

So I took a picture to send to A


Just last weekend, we had a lesson on voting at home. I was trying to reduce TV time so I told them they could have only one hour of TV in the afternoon, and listed out the programmes for them to vote for the top two. So now they know about polling and votes!

Anyway, it took us 25 min in and out. Thankfully not too long though it felt long due to the heat. The process was smooth enough, and if I recall well, better than 2015 when I seemed to have waited a long time in a way shorter queue right downstairs. I had to scramble a little though - when I opened up the ballot slip at the voting booth, I realised I couldn't see the words clearly. To be sure, I dug for my glasses only to find that I had already put them on my blouse *.*

Then we headed out for date night! It started with a trip to the toilet to wash our hands, hoho! We are not fans of hand sanitiser. 

We haven't been out for date night since the start of the circuit breaker. This was my fourth time eating out since the circuit breaker and the most crowded time!!

Thai food for date night :)


We bought some groceries before going home. And of course the monkeys were not asleep yet - it was about 8.20 pm. So they all came out to say goodnight (hugs), complain (GeGe hit me; no, he hit me first!), state some facts (I sneezed).

Now we're watching TV and waiting for the results. Wonder how long it would take...

No comments:

Post a Comment