Friday 10 July 2020

My dentist helps me lose some weight

Our last trip to the dentist was in Dec 2018. I totally forgot about it last year! This year, I felt something weird on my retainers and thought the glue was coming loose! So I hurriedly made an appointment for only myself. It turned out that that was the start of the circuit breaker when dentists could not do regular cleaning. My dentist saw me nonetheless to check on my retainers. Thankfully, they were fine.

But I made another appointment for cleaning anyway. It was delayed twice - from May to June and to July. And I forgot to bring Sito along.. 

Kai came along though! He couldn't sit still! And he was so naggy in the room! Coz he wanted to head to the riverside which he saw earlier. But I couldn't scold him with my mouth full of various dental stuff! But my dentist is a very friendly chap. He asked Kai about school, brushing teeth etc, and told him how long more I would take.

Well, this time, I took pretty long coz my teeth were not in good shape! I'd never seen so much blood at a routine cleaning *.*

I asked whether I should just remove my retainers since they attract plaque easily. But my teeth might move so he advised me to just keep them clean and let them be until they fall out.

(I also asked whether I should fix my upper teeth as they had moved a bit. I think I haven't worn my retainers on my upper teeth for some 10 years. I put them on that morning and gosh, it was sore!)

So I have to be more diligent! Since pregnancy, I have been quite slack when it comes to dental hygiene. I think it was since morning sickness. And then the sleepless nights, tiring nights. I just lost the energy to brush teeth every night, oops...

Recently, I had tongue ulcers. It took three weeks for the pain to go away but not totally. Even today, my tongue feels a little sore at times. And now that my retainers are so clean, my tongue can feel it even more and I have to be careful not to scrape it hard on the wire! Think if the pain, however little, continues, I'll go back to see the mouth surgeon I saw before just to rule out sinister causes.

With the ulcers, I have been using mouth rinse twice a day. And from Monday since I learnt that I could use the interdental brush between my molars, I started doing that when I brush teeth after dinner. And it was difficult and time-consuming. So since Monday, I have not snacked after brushing teeth!

I felt a flatter tummy. So last night, I pulled out the weighing machine - 63.3 kg, the lowest for a long while, woohoo! And this morning, after a pee and a breakfast of bread and coffee, I pulled out the machine again - 63 kg! I'm happy :)

Long brushing time + difficulty + need to keep clean + lazy = no snacking once I brush teeth after dinner = losing weight

Hence the title of this post :)

My 损友 husband just suggested snacks. Nooooo! I shall persevere!

PS: I suddenly remember I have been doing gua sha regularly. That could have helped too!

No comments:

Post a Comment