Tuesday 28 July 2020

Self care day

Took leave today for self care.

After sending Kai to school, I bought coffee from the coffee shop nearby before going home. Yang and Yu were already on their way to school - missed them on a day when I was free to sayang them more...

First thing I did was to repair Yang's pink panther - a seam had opened up for a week but I had no free time to repair it during the term break.

Then I curled up in bed in my PJs, with an ebook and my coffee - still hot!


It is a very long book. I don't even know if I'm halfway through! It's very interesting though - I didn't get out of bed until almost 11 am, when I felt like going to collect the NDP fun pack. At first I wasn't going to but hey, they're all produced already right? And I had a bigger target in mind - the Singapore flag!

Finally put up the flag in our home!


It flapped about for a while. When I turned back again, I found that the flag had ended up between the glass and the grilles. Idea!

(Yes, those plants are dying...)

Took a picture before I kept the bag


I should really clean my mirror, oops...

The staff at the CC were very nice and asked me to pick any design I wanted, just that I couldn't open up the pack. I selected a blue bag coz I thought it's quite a sturdy bag for the boys to bring files etc to school. Yu is fine with red now but Kai and sometimes Yang complain about pink being "girlfriend", whatever that means...

Tried to get a foot massage after collecting the pack but no slots. So I went shopping for some toiletries and went back to put away stuff and down an onigiri. I felt only the slightest hunger but I thought I should eat something so that I could have some output later, hoho! My stomach is still feeling a little weird now, sighs...

Next was a scheduled scalp treatment. The head and shoulder massage was a good replacement for the foot massage, and I fell asleep during the heat treatment! But I think I won't extend the package when it's done - I'll try to DIY using my peppermint essential oil!

It's only half a day as it's time with Kai in the afternoon but it was a good break. All this WFH means no down time between work and child student care so need to take time from work to rest properly. Looking forward to the next self care day as I have plenty of leave from last year to clear!

No comments:

Post a Comment