Wednesday 4 January 2017

Kai's first visit to the dentist

Just read LS's blog and realised I forgot to write about Kai's first visit to the dentist! That was the day before Yu was born. I brought him there on my own while Sito settled Yang before we met up for my Mother's birthday dinner.

Kai saw Sito and me at the dentist two years ago. We decided to go to this dentist near our place instead of our regular one at Clarke Quay as we wanted to bring Kai along for a familiarisation trip. The dentist was very nice to let him sit in and even gave him a little toy. But we didn't like her too much plus she was pretty expensive so we never went back.

Kai was not sure about seeing the dentist at first. But he saw my fillings before so I used them to my advantage - you eat candy, right? So you need to see a dentist :p

I would being Kai to our regular dentist but he told us to just let the kids see a dentist when they hit primary school. So we went to the one at Buona Vista - the one that Yang went to for his knocked in tooth. It's quite a long time from the familiarisation trip though, oops...

Check out the photos below. In fact, view them very carefully - it's a pain to scroll back this far to dig these out of Google Photos!! :p Reminder to self to be up to date on my kiddy updates...

He sat down and opened his mouth immediately while staring at a cartoon on the ceiling


Playing with his toy while the dentist prepared...


The dentist used a camera to look at all his teeth before cleaning them. Before polishing his teeth, she showed him the polish and ran it a little on his finger to let him know what it might feel like on his teeth - I thought that was nice! Still, at one point, he was a little shocked and jerked a little. We calmed him down with words and he stayed still...

But he was still a little cautious as he curled his body...


All done! (Forgive the saliva!)


His next visit was supposed to be in six months but I think once a year is enough - he brushes his teeth three times a day on weekdays, after breakfast, after lunch and after dinner!

Yang started brushing teeth earlier than Kai and he had already been to the dentist so we would probably bring him for his first polishing with Kai at the end of this year. Hope the boys would have a better dental experience than me - I was never pleased to see the dentist in school!

No comments:

Post a Comment