Monday 30 March 2020

Another water issue!!!

Kai's wall, Yang's wet parquet, and now Yang's window!

Two Sundays ago, 22 Mar 2020, I came back from grocery shopping to find Yu awake from his nap and everyone (except Sito) in Yang's room. A was drawing the curtains apart and we saw water coming in from the window! The curtain was damp and the floor was wet!

A got some cloths in but they weren't enough. I got Kai to bring me one of their sandplay pails and finally reduced the amount of water on the floor.

Not too clear but water was coming in from the window!


Went to the management office on Monday morning - one good thing about working from work that week! Sent the video I took to them and heard back from the contractor later. But the guy on motorbike got stuck in the rain and I had to go fetch Yang and Yu so it was rescheduled to Tuesday.

Tuesday morning, an Indian man greeted me in Mandarin at the door. My whole family can bow our heads in shame with our Mandarin :(

Anyway, he and his colleague drilled holes in the window frame to let out the water trapped in the hollow frame. Apparently the water went in through the drill holes for my window grilles. Sian, all the contractors kept saying it was my renovation!!  First two times definitely not! This time, I honestly can't tell coz I didn't stick my head out...

Sticking his head out of the window


So far so good. No more water coming in. But I'm still monitoring. Fear the next heavy downpour!

No comments:

Post a Comment