Monday 23 March 2020

Cooking Sunday!

I bought some puff pastry a while back to make sausage rolls but then I realised it would be tough to roll that block pastry into sheet pastry... I finally used the block to make egg tarts yesterday :)

But I forgot the sugar until I started to add the egg yolks! I just spooned some 10 big teaspoons of sugar into the hot milk mixture without measuring - I figure I used less than the one cup in the recipe!

And the mixture started to solidify more quickly than I expected so it was like scooping thick custard into the pastry.. And it was hard to get it to brown evenly. Oh well, taste is most important!

I'm ashamed to write down how many I had...


Baked pizza in the same morning so I was very very busy trying to juggle the preparation and timing!

Dinner time was easy. I only had to bake the pasta. The nuggets were frozen and fried with the airfryer.

Notice the sauces from Macs? :p


Two weeks ago, I fried some egg noodles and Sito pan-seared a few scallops. Both were yummy! We try to cook on Sundays when we're home - to let the kids eat what their parents like and pass down our tastebuds too! :p

No comments:

Post a Comment