Friday 20 March 2020

To the zoo, a party and the bird park!

This school holiday week was not as expected.

We had intended to go to Legoland but cancelled it a while back due to COVID-19. A week ago, we kind of regretted the cancellation when we learnt from JY how empty it was. Then suddenly, Malaysia announced lock-down - on the day we were supposed to go! We were very lucky.

I was lucky in another way too. Balloted for zoo corporate pass on Wednesday and got it. So off to the zoo we went!

On the bus there


I like to take photos of us in the bus coz the kids were usually happy


Met JY at the entrance coz I had extra tickets - or so I thought. I had foolishly printed the pass wrongly! Instead of printing two passes which admitted four each, I printed the same pass twice!!! JY was very kind and decided not to go after all coz JD wasn't all for it in the first place, but I was completely mortified, and continued to feel so every so often that day :(

Well, the trip went on...

"Are they orang utan like ours?"


They were very interested in this big one!


Coz it was chewing on some nut!


But Papa was busy *.*


They rode a big tortoise!


Very game to pose for me and my camera haha!


Staring at lizards


And of course, they must go on the merry-go-round!


Yu was told the giraffe couldn't go up and down, but he still wondered why...


Queueing up to feed the giraffe


Yang didn't want to feed at first so when the zookeeper came to spritz our hands with sanitiser, he told him so and skipped the hand sanitiser. Then he changed his mind. I said he had to ask the zookeeper to give him a spritz too. Yu heard me, and went straight to the zookeeper, "My Yang Yang wants to feed the giraffe!" So the zookeeper walked back a bit to spritz Yang.

I love how Yu did that - just like how he gamely asked the staff at Legoland whether he could take the boat ride again. No chance to see Yang in action - not for lack of trying but he didn't have the chance coz Yu acted so fast this time!

I love this photo - they're holding hands! - and paid $25 for it *.*


They enjoyed watching the leopard pace to and fro; I think the leopard was angry :p


Lunch at KFC!


We just beat the lunch crowd, yeah! After lunch, both of them had to poop *.* Yu left the toilet too quickly and I was blocked by a wheelchair. Had a scare when I couldn't find him but he found me - he had run off to the side. And Yang almost didn't make it to the toilet - we had to dash to the one behind the water play area coz the KFC one was full.

Our navigator? :p


I couldn't help it!!!


We spent a lot of time there coz the boys were at the playground. Used ice cream to entice them to move on...

Sharing boys


Panda time!


They spent more time with fake pandas *.*


Papa took Yang on a boat ride


Yu was very sad. I told him that last time when we were there, he was in my arms and Yang couldn't make the height then. Only Kai went with AhYe and AhMa. Now Papa went with Yang. So next time, I would go with him!

Welcoming Papa and Yang with a roar??


Always happy to see divers


Happy with his baby monkey - finally one of his own! No need to steal his brothers' monkeys in the dead of the night!


Now where was Kai??

He got a birthday party invitation after I got the zoo pass. I let him choose which to go to and well, the answer was obvious. But it was a good split - he had a lot of fun at the party, and brought back a reusable science kit which he tried a few times already. We had a lot of fun too coz Yang and Yu were very well-behaved when their troublemaker brother was not with them!

Three of them together always spells trouble, E.g. I was very pissed off and tired yesterday when I brought them to Mother's place for dinner! It was ok when I brought Kai out for a movie in the morning - we watched Trolls World Tour!

And today, Mum and Dad brought Kai out while I went back to work.

Bird park!


I must say Kai's expressionless face can be quite funny in photos!!


And that's the end of school holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment