Tuesday 24 March 2020

My vanity cabinet, my love :)

One of my favourite corners at home is the vanity cabinet. I was very taken with CW&SY's one when I first saw it years back. So I made sure our ID made one in our second home :)

It has seven shelves. I use mostly the middle shelves on a daily basis for skincare and hair. With such a neat and user-friendly layout, even Sito uses the hairdryer sometimes! He has things in the cabinet too - shaver and nail clipper, and extra bottles of hair gel and facial cleanser.

The four most used shelves


It's such a joy and pleasure to be able to put on beauty products and makeup easily. And even my daily jewellery can be easily switched about coz I keep a few staples here - notice the white wall hooks with my necklaces and rings? - rather than in two jewellery boxes that won't fit here. If I had more time, I could imagine doing up my hair easily at the cabinet too. Everything is so well within reach!

The unfortunate thing is that things are also well within reach of little hands. Suffice to say plenty from the lower shelves have been dropped before...

The latest additions to the vanity case - excluding stores of regular toiletries - happened last week. We went for dinner at Mother's place, and as usual, she dug out some old stuff. This time, it was jewellery. I didn't recognise the grape pendant as mine but I took the earrings immediately - my old earrings from, what, upper primary?! No one remembers where they are from though or whether they're real!

Still so shiny after 30 years!


Then on Friday evening, while waiting for Sito, I made my usual pilgrimage to Miniso to look for cheap pressed powder. And this time, I found it! But they wouldn't let me buy that one compact coz it was five for $10. I ended up getting two compacts coz there were only two of this colour, and spent a long time trying to find three other things that I would use. Also swept two bottles of nail polish into my basket.

All for $13.90


Tried the nail polish - it's peel-off! Kai saw my toenails the next day and went, they're green! Yang knows about nail polish coz his friend, Cadence, told him about it. And this name was first heard in this house coz Yang wanted to marry her, hmmm...

I haven't opened the compact yet coz I'm not done with my current one but I opened up all the lip stain, tint and stick! The golden one can be used on the eyes - which is why I got it. I mean, I'm not about to put gold on my lips! The matt tint ended up on my cheeks this morning and worked well!

I was thinking if I had more time, I might start an Instagram - less work than a blog - on beauty on a budget. I personally don't know anyone who uses Miniso makeup but it's quite good!

No comments:

Post a Comment