Saturday 7 March 2020

Catching up with an old friend!

Took leave to catch up with Jo on Wednesday. Gosh, how long haven't we met?!

Dropped off at Far East Plaza after sending Kai to school. I wasn't sure if there were seats at Ion for me to wait until 7.45 am so I sat at Far East for a while. I intended to leave at 7.30 am but I took off when I heard a fart from the guy sitting in front of me - I looked up and even saw him adjusting his bum! So hilarious that I texted Sito this random incident :p

So I reached Yakun by 7.30 am. And Jo was there already! So good to start the day early :)

Friends of 26 years!


We chatted over and after breakfast, then walked around Ion n times as we chatted. And we set off for Central as we continued to chat. We popped into a few shops to see things but spent the most time in Uniqlo at Central.

This 损友 had me buy two pairs of shorts when I had wanted just one :p She bought a lot more to bring back. Uniqlo now charges for bags. I forgot my little bag but managed to squeeze my items into my bucket bag. Jo had a bag with her and squeezed over $300 worth of clothes into that. While she was packing, a memory came to me - Jo packing a pair of shoes into a ziplock bag! Gosh, that was secondary two, I think...!

Maccha dessert for lunch! Check out her bag of clothes on the seat


Went to fetch Kai after his CCA. We managed to convince him that Jo was sleeping over at our place - she went back with us, carrying her bag of clothes you know, haha! Kai was surprisingly chatty, maybe coz my dear friend could speak Nintendo!

Then we went to fetch Yang and Yu. They were surprised to see someone with me. But they were hardly shy at dinner time - they continued to refuse food as usual! In fact, Yu later told me that he didn't want to eat coz auntie was there!!

Sent Jo downstairs to wait for her friend who was putting her up. It was maybe 7 pm then so we spent some 11 hours chatting! No wonder I had an itchy throat the next day... But it was so nice to finally meet!

With work and kids, it's hard to go out much. Sito and I are lucky to have our weekly date night. But with friends, it's largely over WhatsApp now. To be able to catch up in person is such a luxury!

No comments:

Post a Comment