Sunday 1 March 2020

Bintan wedding weekend

I can still count the number of times the boys didn't have their mama with them at night.

Three times for Kai - when Sito and I went for a babymoon with Yang, when Yang was born and when Yu was born. Two times for Yang - when Sito, Kai and I went for a babymoon with Yu and when Yu was born. I thought it was once for Yu but I just remembered that it was twice - in 2018 when the rest of us went to Legoland and last weekend. And this monkey missed both naps!

Monkeying around at nap time


Caught him in the act! (The lump on the bed was Sito :p)


So yup, I left the three monkeys with the old monkey, said good luck and left for RN's wedding in Bintan on Saturday :p

I purpose chose 2 pm so that I could still send Yang for Yamaha. I had meant for Sito to buy lunch while I spent some last minutes with them before I left but Sito was still working when Yang and I got back, and Yu was very hungry. So I rushed down to get lunch and left as they were eating.

It was a long ride to Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal. But I was well entertained on the Grab ride - retro songs! Forever Young is still ringing in my ears...

Then it was a long wait for the ferry... Texted with Sito before he starting trying to get Yu to nap. He said Kai said that he was missing me already, awww!

First of many selfies - this one on the ferry before it moved off


The walk down to the berth reminded me of our trip to Bintan in 2016 - I think Kai was rolling his trolley bag along that path :)

It was a very choppy ride! I'm glad I had my peppermint oil with me! Applied it before we started off and again past mid way. I tried to sleep but couldn't so I just kept my eyes closed. I kept hearing retching and puking noises *.* When I took a peek, I saw staff walking around with big bags to collect puke bags - and it was a pretty heavy-looking bag!!

It really felt like a roller coaster at some parts. Once, I opened my eyes to see if shore was near and happened to see the ferry rear up and I saw only sky for a split second before we crashed down on the surface of the water! Wa liao, better shut my eyes...

But there was a crazy - presumably angmoh - guy behind me who went "YEAH!" at every crash. I had to laugh :p

When shore was near - I peeked again - it was finally calmer. I survived without puking!!

The ferry was not full at all and I breezed through immigration. Found the resort guy and went to collect my boarding pass for the return trip before boarding the car - it was only me! The ride turned out to be bumpy and I had to put on peppermint oil again...

At some point, it hit me that this was the first time I was out on my own. The last time was probably before we got married?!

I arrived at the resort just as the tea ceremony ended. The guys were just standing on the main pathway separating the two rows of huts. I went into the room I was going to share with Mother and MZ, with them and Ah Yee, and spent some time dolling up :) Then I called home and saw my boys! :)

Cosy room but I slept on a rollaway just visible on the right side of the picture :p


Jacuzzi in the balcony, overseeing low tide when I got there


Windy at the beach where the couple exchanged rings


I was glad I decided to tie my hair and gel up the stray bits. Yes, the stray bits were still flying. But can you imagine if I didn't tie my hair? There would just be hair and no face *.*

A rare photo of the clan and Mother was looking elsewhere! :p


A photo with the sisters


So glad I wore slippers! Heels are no good with sand...


Our hut of four or five rooms - the tide was starting to come in towards the evening


By the end of the day, the waves were lapping on the shore under the hut. Natural white noise! I'm glad I'm the type who can sleep coz it was really quite loud *.*

The dinner setup


When we came out of the hut, we realised it rained a little while we were resting. Lucky! Saw the staff wiping the chairs at the dinner area...

While waiting for dinner seating to begin, I hopped into the gift shop and bought two dresses for $30 in total - happy! :p

I rejected the wine and got me self a beer, burp!


The groom gave a little speech and impressively remembered the names of almost everyone there, including RN's colleagues and extended family members. Then the buffet dinner began! I started with chendol and ended with ice-cream - in between, the otah was good!

I finished eating quite quickly and sat around listening and singing to the songs. There were some old songs I recognised and songs from Taiwanese dramas, like 99次我爱他! Gosh, songs of my early 20s?! Also went around taking photos.

Photo at the swing behind our table


With MY and RN - don't they look like Nakajima Nanako and Matsu Takako?!


The wedding ended with a huge bang - fireworks!


My sparkler went crazy in the wind


A few of us cousins and a niece stayed around to play darts, foosball and pool. I love foosball! But the handles were so rough they hurt my hands - I very 激动 you see, haha! Auntie couldn't take such late nights, especially when I was still in SG time so I bade them goodnight and went back early.

But I didn't sleep immediately. After washing up, I decided I need a snack! This one, I learnt from Mum, haha! But no one wanted to eat with me! So I had only some groundnuts - yummy! :) The wifi in the room wasn't so good but I managed to send a photo of snacks to Sito :p

What I had intended to eat


That night, I slept with no little ones snuggling up to me and waking me. But I woke early anyway - pai mia?! Mother and I left for breakfast at the starting time. Just as well coz I intended to eat lots and skip lunch - let me not puke out any lunch on the ferry!

Called home again - better wifi at the lobby/breakfast area! - and they were like, are you at Bintan??! They also recognised WaiPo who was sitting beside me. Seeing them soon!!

Took this photo to show the kids - not much reaction to see banana mama, ah well!


From the balcony - high tide with people para sailing in the distance


I started my spa session a little earlier while Mother they all went out of the resort to walk to a bridge visible from the resort.

Mother and SuiGu on the bridge

Source: Group chat!

My two hours of relaxation was truly relaxing, with a quick foot bath, a vigorous scrub and a massage. But it wasn't therapeutic; I felt like I still had sore bits all over. I miss my Amore massages! But auntie has not splurged on that for years...

Washed my face and watched an old Jackie Chan movie before checking out. This time, I shared a car with a family of four. We were early and had to wait for check-in. I just read my novel - saved three long chapters on notes coz no wifi at the ferry terminal! - and when I turned around, wow, long queue behind me!

More waiting past the checkpoint. I was thinking whether to get some polo shirts for Sito but suddenly there was an unintelligible announcement and people started moving so I moved. And ended up standing for a long time again!

So glad to find a seat - this time, I sat at the back half of the ferry in case it was choppy again. But thankfully, it was pretty smooth sailing. I watched a lot of Mr Bean cartoons on the TV screen, hoho!

Plenty of taxis at the ferry terminal so I hopped into one. Going home, I realised this is how Sito does it all the time - long journeys to and from Changi. Can be super sian :( It was nice to have some me time but gosh, I was yearning to be home!

No comments:

Post a Comment