Chanced about this website, Open-Mind. Felt like putting up a web band to support their cause. But I thought, does it apply to me? Or rather, do I really buy into it? I mean, I'll like to think I am open-minded, but am I? I'll like to be and think I'm striving towards that; shouldn't be too difficult as I don't have strong opinions about almost everything.. (?) Still, after some consideration, I feel I won't be doing it justice if I anyhow put it up without being sure that I truly subscribe to the idea. So no band for now.
Which brings another thought into my head: when you support something, do you have to do it? Eg, for this case, I support their case that people should be open-minded, people should embrace diversity but personally, can mf achieve that? I want to but can I?
The most common forms of prejudice/ discrimination rise along ethnic or nationality faultlines. Like I know of people who are hung up with minority races, PRC Chinese, Bangladeshi workers etc for not much reason at all and as I see it, most of the time, it's a case of (over?) generalisation. Ya I laughed at racist jokes but like Siok said, jokes what, don't have to take it too seriously. I'm not too bothered by what or who people are but by their behaviour; so long as they're not dodgy, it's fine. Like, I remember SY saying that when she had to go to building sites in her previous job, it wasn't the Bangladeshi workers but the Chinese who stripped her with their eyes lor!
Anyway, I'm actually here on the Myer Briggs personality test..
Did two which gave me different results. I'm a ISTJ by bloginality but I became a ESFJ with Personality Test Center. Re-did at Humanmetrics, still ESFJ plus following details:
- slightly expressed extrovert
- very expressed sensing personality
- moderately expressed feeling personality
- moderately expressed judging personality
ISTJ (Introverted Sensing Thinking Judging)
The "ya!", the "huh?" and the "?":
- They have a keen sense of right and wrong (mf: o_O)
- Punctuality is a watchword of the ISTJ. (mf: mostly la)
- As do other Introverted Thinkers, ISTJs often give the initial impression of being aloof and perhaps somewhat cold. (mf: thought so; was also mentioned to me before) Effusive expression of emotional warmth is not something that ISTJs do without considerable energy loss. (mf: like I don't easily tell friends I miss them?)
- ISTJs are easily frustrated by the inconsistencies of others, especially when the second parties don't keep their commitments. (mf: yes!) But they usually keep their feelings to themselves unless they are asked. And when asked, they don't mince words. (mf: still got a bit of tact la..)
- Since Fi is turned inward, it is rarely expressed. Only in times of great distress is the Introverted Feeling expressed. Otherwise, feeling is inferred, or expressed nonverbally, through eye contact, or an encouraging smile. (mf: I'm bad with words)
- The grim determination of the ISTJ vindicates itself in officiation of sports events, judiciary functions, or an other situation which requires making tough calls and sticking to them. (mf: I almost choked on saliva)
ESFJ (Extraverted Sensing Feeling Judging)
The "ya!", the "huh?" and the "?":
- Guardians of birthdays, holidays and celebrations, ESFJs are generous entertainers. (mf: me? Entertain??)
- All else being equal, ESFJs enjoy being in charge. They see problems clearly (mf: I never knew!) and delegate easily, work hard and play with zest.
- ESFJs are easily wounded. And when wounded, their emotions will not be contained. They by nature "wear their hearts on their sleeves," often exuding warmth and bonhomie (mf: ?), but not infrequently boiling over with the vexation of their souls.
- Strong, contradictory forces consume the ESFJ. Their sense of right and wrong wrestles with an overwhelming rescuing, 'mothering' drive. (mf: contradictory forces, interesting; but rescue drive?)
- The inferior Ti function may rarely be expressed. In fact, ESFJs may take affront at the aloof, detached nature of dominant Ti types, or conversely, be drawn to them.
The light side: one moment I shared something in common with George Washington (ISTJ) and then, it was Bill Clinton (ESFJ)! But I'm glad to find Eeyore an ISTJ as well :p
As to which I feel is more accurate, well, think I'm definitely SJ, just not sure if I'm really E, and undecided on T or F. So what is your observation of mf?