Sunday 5 February 2006

Dong dong qiang!

Just came back from my office's CNY gathering. So many kids around! HK's daughter of 15months was very shy and didn't warm up to us. But suddenly she was ok with Chief. Hence the theory went that at her height, she could only see people's legs and so she must have mistook Chief's legs for HK's! True enough, later she realised her mistake and started crying *sio sio*

Recall that last time when Mother was looking after Ting and Peggy, they used to hug my legs too. So I wasn't too shocked when one day in some mall, I felt a tiny impact on my leg and something wet on contact, turned and saw a tiny kid with saliva everywhere and the mother chasing a distance behind! Very cute actually :p

Also had yu sheng, Dor and LH poured out the ingredients saying related auspicious stuff before everyone dug in and tossed the yu sheng everywhere! Means we're all one year older now.. And I didn't object this year when Chris told his daughter to say hi to the "aunties" *.*

Feeling rather tired and sleepy by mid afternoon. But when I got back I was very awake! In fact, I just spent some ten minutes downstairs watching the last of a dragon dance - is that what you call it? Not lion dance but dragon dance? Anyway, took some pictures, shall do a photo blog one of these days :)

Think this was the first time I saw such lion/dragon dance since I came back. Last time I would run downstairs at the first sight or sound of an approaching troupe. All the kids of the neighbourhood would gather very quickly accompanied by parents and the whole scene would be loud and cheery. But just now there was no such crowd. The audience comprised mostly of uncles and aunties already at the coffee shop and there weren't many kids at all. How different.. Sighs..

No comments:

Post a Comment