Friday 17 February 2006

First medical check

That was Sunday. Lesson learnt? Old women have lower risk of getting breast cancer. Cos she checked my boobs and not Mother's! :p I didn't dare watch when she drew blood from Mother; didn't want to scare myself before it was even my turn, at which I looked away and talked to distract myself.. It was surprisingly rather painless! But my arm was numb for a while.. Also peed into a bottle, and the day after, scooped some poo poo into a tinier bottle for tests. Did the poo thing in office toilet so I actually carried poo in a bottle (in a zip lock bag) in my bag that day, ewe :p

Received the report yesterday. Everything is fine except that my cholestrol level is 201 when it should be less than 200 - doc said it was ok to exceed a little but I must watch it cos Mother's stood very high at 292 this year; she had almost 350 a couple of years ago! Could be hereditary.. And my white blood cell count was slightly lower than average range, possibly due to the cold I had last weekend but no worries there. Doc also advised me to get Hep B vaccination.

Mentioned my gastric pains, which could happen even if I have my meals on time. Doc said yes, it could be bacteria and no, yoghurt wouldn't help the stomach, just good for intestinal movement. Further, I would need to do a scope to check my stomach. YUCKS - had a scope in my nose before, don't think I could survive a scope 30cm into me *.* Decided to monitor my stress levels instead for the time being..

Oh, Mother is going for a cardiogram, or something like that - I'm translating from what doc told us in Mandarin.. Just a precaution cos she complained about her heart - gave me a shock when she told doc that day cos she didn't tell me before. I'm expected to cough up $150-180 for that, sighs.. My expenditure this month is on the high side now..

Eh wait, she just told me she would cancel dialup subscription unless I foot the bill, cos the desktop is spoilt and "no one is using already". Hey, what about me?? I don't mind paying cos it isn't ex, $10 or so. But I can't get over how she could pay for MZ and YQ but not me! They don't even pay her medical bills or leisure expenses, and MZ even asks for reimbursement for buying newspapers (70cents) when she reads it too! And I'm not the only one with an income in this household lor! Total crap..

Anyway, just found out today that the contractor had brought in the materials and the first drilling etc for the precinct would be 1 Mar, yeah yeah! But my block will only be upgraded starting in Nov, cos they're starting with the LUP. At least I know that mine is the first of five blocks undergoing MUP. Happy enough :)

With the dust coming in from Mar, I'll make plans to move in with Grams and Aunt soon. Have also made arrangements to tap into cousins' wireless broadband, since they live a couple of doors now the same corridor. So.. Cancel dialup if you wish! Haha! :p

3 comments:

  1. Yeah I never liked the poo poo part. It's not like you can poop on the spot, unlike peeing, which can be arranged in 30 min. Carrying poop around in whatever container, whatever bag, is just plain disturbing. Hahaha... Na

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you sure the signal strength will be strong to go across a few units? But you can always walk there to use right?

    SZ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same sentiments!! U know being e eldest sucks...everything also your problem n e younger ones so lucky. Anyway, nevermind la, we r clear in our conscience ma, we wun feel guilty...

    I c my dad being e eldest not easy. Alot of times, parents r so unfair to him, but he accept it n still so filial to them. I really admire him sometimes. So maybe jus treat as doing charity lor...

    ReplyDelete