Saturday 8 April 2006

Clouds are black at night

A strange realisation this early morning at 5am as I looked out of the plane.. Recall my science lesson: everything is black if no light is reflected off it.

Slept a bit on the 18-hour flight. We were lucky to get fire exit seats so had plenty of leg room. The seats for the direct were also slightly bigger than the usual economy seats so quite comfortable. Got off the plane, very very happy to be back! But met with two irritating incidents on way to arrival hall:

1) An auntie was queueing in front of the toilet cubicle when I walked out. She was about to go in when this Indian girl called her and said she had been queueing at the edge of all the cubicles before her. Auntie let her go in first and as the door closed, I heard her mumble, "I thought you're the cleaner." How mean! For the record, the girl looked nothing like a cleaner! The auntie was just trying to cover her faux pas (with another!) - rude!

2) Was walking briskly on the travelator. Foreign couple in front heard my footsteps and gave way to me. As I passed, the man said to the woman, "I don't understand why people walk on this thing and rush." Kek?? Apparently, the travelator is a time-saving tool for some but to others, it's only a substitute for leg muscles. I walked on, couldn't be bothered with people hogging both lanes of the travelator!

Was shocked to see a huge machine stuck in the ground behind my kitchen when I got back - they're drilling the foundation for my room!! :)

Unpacked by 730am and guess what? I went to jog! Actually I walked quite a bit :p But I did work up a good sweat - happy :) Should really - REALLY! - make jogging regular.. CY, on? :)

Slept 5hours straight and went to dry clean my coat and do foot reflexology. Very sleepy now but must keep awake until at least ten..

1 comment: