Sunday 30 April 2006

mf writes

I like. That's why you're seeing entry after entry this Sunday!

Last Thurs, I finished a paper. Last Friday, I finished another. It was a record for me to write difficult stuff that fast but it wasn't by choice; I had to deliver. But I did make a choice - I chose to just do it instead of staying pissed at the circumstances that led to me writing two instead of one by Fri. Have no idea if they make the mark but I shall see.

While I'm not too confident of my content, I'm quite at ease with my language. Written :p I think the strength of my writing is that everyone can understand me without ever consulting a dictionary. I don't use difficult words I barely comprehend. My weakness, as you probably know, is the length :p and some level of obscurity that I guess only some closer friends or the more perceptive ones may understand.

Which reminds me of chatting online. I often have typos cos I try to type faster to catch up on the chat. But I seldom correct my typos cos they mainly look like these:

Eg 1: don't knwo what you're talkign about!!
Eg 2: hate discussions, nobody understands what i sat"

Eg 1 is clear. In Eg 2, I obviously mean "say" since "t" is next to "y" on the typical qwerty keyboard, but I do sometimes get replies like "sat? (is that a typo?)" These are invariably the people whom I msn with but have never met - not too smart.. Strike one. Not interesting? Strike two. Too eager for coffee? Strike three and I DELETE!

Back to topic.. I'll correct serious typos like these:

Eg 3: then they are saxvebgres!
Eg 4: but think you can be more hotmail

Yes, these are really the "huh, what?" type of typos. Eg 3 is positively dyslexic plus bad typing (I mean scavengers) while Eg 4 happens when a random word enters my mind and I just type that instead of the intended :p

5th kind, not really classified as typos..

Eg 5: jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj

That's when I'm dozing off and my finger exerts too much pressure on key :p Thankfully I've never hit the send key while dozing!

Oops, I've digressed.. Another weakness :p

No comments:

Post a Comment