Saturday 22 April 2006

Love of my life

I cannot decide what that is - singing or dancing.

And at Burn the Floor yesterday, I was treated to both - powerful female vocals that I could never attain in a million years and superb movements of the body I could only dream of executing one day a long while down the road.

I love the big band jazz section with foxtrot and jive and quickstep - the jive was so energetic! And the beautiful waltz and Viennese waltz.. Ahhh! I wanted to dance so much but Na was home and Hup just stepped out of Amara when I sms (and he wasn't going back) so I pranced around in front of the shops outside Swensen at Marina Square, admiring the swing of my pretty flowy skirt - ya, for once, I wasn't admiring me myself but my skirt!

Didn't want to go back yet after supper but we didn't know where to go. Imagine all that adrenalin from watching the show wasted, dissipated into thin air! Sighs.. So when I stepped into the house, I had a thought: I'll go walk around Tomato Town armed with some music and my personal alarm! It was a cool night and it would be just like that HV-MacRitchie walk last Fri but on my own :p But as I turned away from door to put down my stuff, I heard a swish and a swash and when I turned around, it was pouring outside.. It was destined that I should sleep!!

Haven't been to KTV for a while so I'm going with CY next Sunday when Sito has a camp ie we have no lesson. Had a thought on the way to work some time this week: I'll really love to sing in a band! But I can't play any instrument, not even guitar which I've long neglected. May be quite useless in a band with only a vocal range of an octave and a half, or about two including falsetto =/

Oh, saw YQ at Burn the Floor last night - he was working as a stagehand. But I couldn't really be sure if it was him when he appeared during the interval, even though he was facing the audience! But it was him la, I called :p

PS: I know! The love of my life is both singing and dancing - it's music!! :) Wa, revelation..! :p

No comments:

Post a Comment