Monday 14 March 2011

From sad to irritated and back

I’m moody. Sito left for SEA this morning. My life has been so centred on him, or us, that it seems so empty when it’s only me... Pathetic? Not really - I'm tea-ing and lunching with some friends while the husband is away! :p I just prefer Sito to be with me..

So I wasn’t in the mood to do anything but read blogs this afternoon. I must mope a little.. Then I started to feel irritated.

I kept reading about negative sentiments, perceptions and – if you wish – analysis of our public policies. So there’s this one that talks about a government scholar from low-income family making it through our meritocractic system – it was then qualified that there would always be someone like that but it’s not possible for everyone to achieve that.

Am I the only person who thinks that strange? Of course it’s not possible for EVERYONE to make it la! At least not to the same extent but the possibility of mobility is there, isn’t it?

Was talking with Kel about similar issues just a while ago. As a kid, I didn’t like it but I accepted my family circumstances as they were, and dreamt of bigger things for myself when I grew up. With no material distraction, all my attention was focused on studying, which did me, and many others we know, well in the end. In the end, we ourselves need to fight for our own happiness instead of whining about life.

Finished ranting. The sad feeling is creeping back. Time to head for the gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment