Monday 6 June 2011

How to be unhappy?? :)

I've been thinking lately, about how grateful I am for so many things in life, big and small.

Life isn't all smooth sailing for me, but I would say it mostly is.

Coming from a very humble background (read: poor), I've had the opportunity to progress to a top university. (Because really, when you're a poor but obedient child, there's nothing to do but what has already been paid for - study.)

Through my schooling years, I've been able to get to know wonderful friends. I'm fortunate to call so many "friends" even today.

I landed a good job. Not the position I had wanted but it was interesting enough and by some stroke of good fortune, it eventually brought me to what I had wanted to do in the first place.

I have some really great colleagues, and friends among them. Very recently, I was very touched to find some of them looking out for me even though I'm so far from office. They are the ones who lightened up my long hours at work last time and who now make the whole "part-time+remote=fail" thing easier to bear.

Also recently, I've been treated early for my cervical problem.

And, I have my very own superman sitting at the desk behind mine right now, smelling fresh from his post-gym shower.

There are too many things to be grateful for in life to be unhappy.

Seriously, what more could I ask for?

Of course, there is this one other thing. But it will come. THEY will come :)

No comments:

Post a Comment