Sunday 20 January 2019

A weekend with no nap

Coz I spent this weekend doing lots of little things around the house in between spending time with the family. LNY is just round the corner and I have standards to upkeep, ok... And Kai made me repeat Christmas lunch for dinner today, tiring..

Video-ed Kai and various domino formations during quiet time yesterday


(And every day, Kai: When are my dominos coming? Huuuuh, so long?!)

Later, N and I sat down in the living room with the three kids playing around us, trying to pick out broken and/or forgotten toys to dump. We had a whole bag full! And during dinner, I passed a bag of old clothes to a fellow mummy living in BPP - happy!

Look at baby Yang trying to scale new heights in our non-kid friendly playground!


After dinner at Hans, Sito took Kai and Yu back first coz Yang was still eating his burger. So after that, we took a little walk and ended up at a booth to do some hongbao craft. Just nice it was a set of three hongbaos - one for each boy! Yang painstakingly glued on the words while I set them. Then we wrote their names and stuck fluffy balls on them. I forgot to take pictures and just now I saw only one of them lying around!

This morning, I brought only Kai to the hawker centre for breakfast! The other two had started snacking on CNY goodies early in the morning so I didn't want to bring them only to have them not eat! And Kai really needed some outdoor time - we walked back instead of taking the bus, and he played a bit at the BPP playground too. He agreed to leave only coz we had to wake Sito up in time for swimming lesson :p

But little Yang started crying halfway into swimming lesson. Later, when Sito, Yu and I came back to their end of the pool, he came crying to me saying he wanted to go home. Poor boy. He thought it was too cold!

Wrapped my poor sobbing boy with two towels :(


We had scheduled swimming lessons to be 10.30 am and 4.30 pm on alternate Sundays. But the coach found it confusing so we had to stay with 10.30 am so that we could still go to Mum's place. It is a tad colder in the morning compared to the afternoon, especially with it being quite windy around here. Gonna give it another week and see how - will remind the boys to stay in the water instead of going in and out.

Happier later playing on the keyboard :)


Don't know if it's the crying or the fighting with his brothers (hoho!) but Yang almost dozed off on the sofa right after dinner, during which he was quite quiet. But once he had a shower, he was all awake again!!

Love this shot of Sito smiling at Yu :)


They just sat there for a while at first coz it was cold. Sito was hoping Yu wouldn't jump in else he would have to go after him! Well, our little commanding officer went in after all - Papa, come!

Random - my flowy shorts were flying in the wind!


Only my feet 见得了人 coz no nap. Just put on a mask to remedy the 39yo face..

This afternoon, we again sat in the living room, this time packing out little knick-knacks like screws, batteries, chargers and earphones. I dumped what I could. No, I didn't think about whether they sparked joy. It was more like, do we need four ear pieces in the box Sito and I both have one each in our work bag?? No.

Oh, we finally moved Yang's bed back to his room on Friday night. That's why I could pack up things in the living room!

So the three of them slept in Yang's room last night. It was moving the routine from one room to the other. But tonight, Kai is sleeping in his room coz I mandate it so when the next day is a school day - he needs to sleep without being disturbed by his noisy brothers. And it turned out that with them not altogether, they quieten down pretty quickly!

The last time they consistently slept separately like this was before the bee incident in May and before we had to shift Kai's bed out to do his floor. Now that Yang's floor is almost done, and we're coming to our one-year anniversary staying here (!), hope the dust of moving house can really be settled soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment