Sunday 27 January 2019

Another water issue, seriously?!

The night of 30 Oct, I was sitting on Yu's bed when I felt something wet. I found the bottom of his mattress wet on one part. I thought some drinking water was spilled there so I wiped it up and didn't think much about it until I kept feeling more wetness. Then I found water seeping up from the parquet! Even the bottom of the curtain was wet!

Some water even seeped up near the middle of the room under Yang's bed!


It rained quite hard in the day. So I asked N whether she closed the window. Yes, she said. Though I knew she would say that even if she didn't. Anyway, it was obvious that there must be a lot of water underneath for it to seep up. The next morning, water continued to seep up. I took pictures, placed a piece of tissue over the wettest spot which was the one near Yu's mattress and left the house.

Dark water lines on the parquet nearest the windows


Found water marks on the wall the day after we returned from Taiwan. Super sian!!!!

Pretty light on 11 Nov


Grew by 12 Nov


Found worse spots behind the curtain on 12 Nov!


Emailed the management office the next day and the guy asked me to put in a defects form. The contractor came over to look at the area on Tuesday, 13 Nov. They said the window was leaking. Huh?? Anyway, on Saturday, 17 Nov, they brought more people to fix the window. They took out the small pane and waterproofed the side that sounded hollow.

That night onwards, the kids slept in Kai's room instead


They were coming to fix the parquet on Monday but I thought that was too fast and told them to hold. I wanted to monitor the situation further before touching the parquet. And true enough, the water spots continued to grow! :(

The day after the works and a week later


I happened to telecommute on Monday, 26 Nov, due to a bad cough so I met the contractors. They found the window sides hollow and decided to pull off another pane to check. They did this on Friday, 30 Nov.

Then this happened over the 1-2 Dec weekend!!


They fixed it on Monday using longer nails but I doubt it would hold - shall see how...

Anyway, back to the water issue. So I monitored for over a week and thought it looked no worse; in fact, it might have improved?? So I called them.

They came to do the floor on 13 Dec. I happened to be home as I was on PM leave. They told me that the colour would look different coz they couldn't do the whole room as warranty was over. Sito said ok not to do if that was the case but I did a quick check with the supervisor who told his staff to do the whole room! It would be troublesome - have to shift the bed out - but it would be pretty and probably less to explain when selling??

The work was eventually done on 31 Dec. How untimely given that it was half day for the boys. I had to loiter downstairs with them while N cleaned up. And when we opened the door on 2 Jan, I found the floor so rough, so unlike the last time when they did Kai's floor! Supervisor came to have a look on 3 Jan and said it was normal coz new and I didn't feel that at TOP coz I was wearing shoes. But when they did Kai's room, it didn't feel like that too! So pissed about it...

I asked the supervisor to get the parquet guys to call me. When I didn't hear from him, I decided I should just write in to the developer. At most I get my own professionals in and seek reimbursement from them!

Thankfully, the developer called back the next working day. She couldn't do reimbursement but she promised to get this sorted out. So on Wednesday, 16 Jan, the contractor brought the parquet guys in for a joint inspection when I was home. The boss said it was probably the coating that was different. His staff came the very next day to re-coat it.

I checked on Friday morning when Sito sent Kai as I had a retreat that day. Thankfully it was like the other rooms! But there was a scratch. Supervisor said that could be redeemed. That night, Sito shifted the bed in from the living room - finally!!

The scratch, less than 1 cm but I felt it the moment I stepped in


They came in quickly on Monday to touch up the floor and paint the wall with the water stains. The touch-up was great but the yellow stains on the wall shone through the new paint. Looks like a couple more coats on those spots are necessary. Must remember to do that this week - last week before LNY!

Just so glad this is finally over...

No comments:

Post a Comment