Monday 7 January 2019

Baby Yu is "big boy"

For the third consecutive day, Yu did not nurse in the evening. I told him that he is now a big boy, so there can be no more 妈妈奶奶 - though he still insists on latching on in the middle of the night and the morning. This evening, I reminded him about it and he asked, "Big boy?" Yes, my baby, big boy :) I pointed to his bottle and said he could have 爸爸奶奶 :p

I have been telling him for a while to say "bye bye 奶奶" and unlatch; sometimes he did but most times he continued suckling and shook his head. He's really quite heavy to be leaning on my chest for long stretches of time. I even considered putting something bitter on me to wean him off but decided to be gentle about it. Nonetheless, now that he understands that he can't have 奶奶 in the evening, I feel a little sad...

But big boy is good right?

Big enough to boss me around - he put me in charge of the ball


While he went splashing happily with Papa


He also gave food he didn't want to shared food with DaGeGe


Like XiaoGeGe, he took off his shoes


Like his brothers, he must climb up the slide


Those shoes belonged to Kai or Yang. They were lightly worn so Yu took them. He didn't seem to like his proper shoes but I really don't like him to wear his slippers coz he kept losing one or the other and had to go back for it!

Also big enough to watch YouTube Kids on a phone


Grow to be a big boy, but remain my baby, ok? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment