Tuesday 1 January 2019

Bye bye 2018!

Second consecutive long weekend for us! We started this last weekend in 2018 by sending the boys to school, oops! Had wanted to bring them to a fire station open house but since we just did Harry Potter, we decided to postpone the trip and went to IMM to settle Sito's mobile. In the end, we only managed to transfer his line over to my corporate plan but not re-contract coz that was a busy queue - system sucks...

And then it was our regular Saturday programming, i.e. napped :p But we had a little activity after nap time - we went to a nearby nursery to look at plants! Wanted to buy a few pots but with the kids, it was not possible. Yang and Yu also scrapped their knees so it was a short visit. But not before they chased some chickens near the nursery!!

Playing quidditch before bedtime


Sunday morning, I dug up materials saved from our Taiwan trip to make windmills :)


Kai and Yang had their regular swimming lesson while Sito and I tried to re-contract at the M1 at BPP. But there was a queue before it opened so we didn't think we could make it before the end of the lesson. So it ended up being a trip for Yu who enjoyed a Milo and playing at a toy sale at the BPP atrium!

We had exciting plans for the afternoon - animal resort! The boys enjoy feeding animals but we didn't realise that the animals would be full by 4.30 pm - too many visitors *.*

The pond where Yang's friend fell in!


Only the horse could still eat


Yu was telling me his fave animal was the horse. But when he saw the horse, he said he was scared and did not want to feed it!

He ran off to sit on a swing instead


The rabbits were full too!


They just threw in all the food, oh well!


"More!"


It started to drizzle just as we left. We were walking to the car when the rain grew heavier - we could hear the rain front moving due to the many zinc roofs around the area! Had to head back to the animal resort carpark and seek shelter under a tree while Sito ran to the car with our trusty diaper bag as umbrella - poor Sito!

As I waited there with the boys, Yu in my arms, I could feel Yu getting wet on one arm. Yang and Kai's hair started to look wet too. When Sito got back, I quickly grabbed the brolly - the real one from the car! - and ran to the car to fetch them. As we departed the farm area, the rain kind of disappeared...

Sito dried the kids in the car as we drove on to Mother's place. Kai asked me to show him how I got my baby self locked up in the room and how my parents rescued me by passing me a hammer through the window. True story. And I told him that coz he loves hearing stories from all of our childhood.

And going into the rooms, I realised that we hadn't been over for about a year?! But then I just realised I got it wrong - YQ didn't move out right after his wedding in October; he moved only a few months ago just before the steamboat at his place. So anyway, Mother has moved into YQ's old room and MZ has replaced the old bed in my old room. The kids were disappointed to find no fish in the house.

Yu playing with a toy slide for... cars?!


Playing SNAP! with Old Maid cards


I liked dinner that day - haven't had lo bah for a long time! Gave the boys a good mix of that, salmon chicken, vege and eggs so they got some real food after our pizza lunch haha! Was telling Sito how we grew up eating a lot at one sitting, resulting in our big size hoho!

The boys had school today. Last day of school for the year, last day of child care for Kai! Sobs! I had to linger in the mall with some you tiao after I fetched them so that N could clean up after some parquet works in Yang's room.

And then it was regular programming, with fruits for tea and packed food for dinner - there was a mini meltdown coz they wanted char siew noodles instead of duck noodles, which I bought on a whim. But Kai and Yu liked it upon trying it. I took a lot of effort before Yang would try and eventually ate a lot of it. It was very good!

Love those miniso forks - great for fruits!


I heard "I want to poo poo!" and found him sitting there already!


So was this a poop pose or a jump pose?? :p


I sang a little for them at bedtime. Kai objected to the singing (!), Yang fell asleep from the singing, Yu decided to sing another song... But they all slept pretty soon. I managed to shower before Sito got back from work - ya, so late on NYE, so sad...

Heard the countdown from the block across the road - happy youngsters! And saw fireworks too! Google Maps told me it was probable Legoland coz it showed nothing in Singapore in that direction.

And then Yu came in to find me n times before I eventually let him sleep on our bed and typed this in the dark...

So I guess this marks the end of 2018... Happy new year! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment