Sunday 27 January 2019

A weekend with little of Papa

I must pat myself on the back for this. Sito was overseas Thursday to Saturday. So I decided to proceed with Saturday programming all on my own.

It took one escalator ride for me to threaten to go home coz Yang was going against the direction of the escalator and Yu refused to let me hold his hand. I told them to behave or we would go home. Yet, at the second escalator, they continued to disregard safety. Kai was just going ahead on his own but Yang followed him and Yu wanted in too.

I was ready to go home but they were so sad so I roped in Kai to help. At the next escalator, Kai watched over Yang while Yu let me hold his hand.

And so we made our way to Pang Sua Park Connector, where Yu went with his class a week ago, to find big fat caterpillars! Yes, again! And this time, there were more of them!

Can you see the caterpillar that Kai is pointing to?


Yu asked to be carried to look at the caterpillars and when he got near, he said "scared" and patted his chest. Awww... We ran about for a while and stopped at a few trees to examine the caterpillars. But I thought I felt a drop of rain and they were starting to find it boring so we turned back. Along the way, Yu wanted me to carry him. He told me it was raining, no walk walk :p Oops, I had said that to him before. So I told him yes, but he could walk in the rain when he turns three :p

And they decided they needed a rest on the way back


Walking with kids is always slow, with all the random to and fro and dilly-dallying. So by the time we got through the MRT station, it was time for dinner!

Kai confidently told me to take the first escalator as that would lead to Macs. I never took that but I thought he was right. We landed near the pasar malam and walked across to Macs.

We found a seat but it was impossible to keep them there while I was buying food! I don't know how many times all of us were not at the seat! Thanks for tissue chope culture haha! But ours was a pack of wet wipe. Not to mention that our baby bag was hanging off a chair. (But strangely, three young ladies placed a used tray on our table when we went chasing after a runaway Yu! I put it back on their table which has a hot flask.)

And then Yu refused to eat more than two bites of his first burger. That's it - back to nuggets for him next time! But Kai had the rest of that burger, never mind his fear of saliva!

Yang and Yu were supposed to have ice cream. Kai lost his chance at ice cream by then but he managed to convince Yang to share with him. But he had a stomachache so he decided to go home first. It was when I was checking the camera for him that I found Sito in bed - he was home earlier than expected! But he was also unwell.

Today, N was off. So while Kai and Yang had their swimming lesson, which thankfully didn't end in tears, I brought Yu to the BPP playground when he had much fun!

His fave slide - he invited me up but I was too big :p


He also took peeks at the group exercising to K-pop - photo from two weeks ago when we first went there


He helped me buy a bun for Kai's little bites


I carried him half the way in case we were late for the end of the swimming lesson, coz I thought Sito was resting at home. But I found him there waiting for the kids so I went back first. Shortly after, Sito came back with Yang who wanted to poop. Kai came back much later coz he was promised some game after his lesson.

And then I carted the kids off to Mum's place in a taxi coz Sito wanted to stay home. Managed ok there except that Yu wanted me to be with him at mealtimes. I even took a little nap - too tired...

My monkeys on the taxi back


Lucky for me, the boys all slept quite quickly. Kai is in his own room. Yang dozed off while I was with Yu. Yu stayed quiet after his milk, which was rare coz usually he would jump off Yang's bed multiple times. I'm not complaining :p

No comments:

Post a Comment