Monday 7 January 2019

How's school?

So the third day of school went well enough without me around. He found his way to his classroom with an older boy's help. He found his buddy Russell (or his buddy found him?) and told him he wanted to buy Milo and actually bought it, happy to get change for his $2 so that he could one day play tikam without me knowing!

No, I'm not kidding, coz when N met him downstairs, he told her he wanted to go and buy things! Luckily N insisted on bringing him up.. Oh, and he got his bus home despite the temporary change in bus and driver (wth on the third day of school?!) coz "it was still 5C".

And he started peeing in school :)

Today went well except that I forgot his maths textbook :p And he lost his wallet! He somehow broke the chain (!) and didn't know where he dropped it. Luckily the bus driver called me just before he came up and told me it was in his bus.

I happened to be working from home today as there were no meetings. So I witnessed once again his royal laziness. He didn't take off his socks. He rolled on the floor instead of having lunch. He didn't want to unpack and pack his schoolbag. This was mostly the fault of a bit of blutack from the boy next to him on the bus - he loves bluetack! But to my disgust, it turned out to be a bit of chewing gum that Kai chewed on! When he spit it out, the boy told him he spit it out too soon, hoho!!!

Gave him an old activity book to occupy him. Sito bought quite a bit of those years back but this boy wasn't too interested. Now he can read some and should be able to do. He went to the book and whined a little.

Then he got to this activity of counting the number of people in the picture and asked me why the answer was wrong - it said 5 when he got 6. I asked him to show me the 6 and realised he had counted the unseen driver of a tractor!!! I told him that he must explain his answer but it was sheer torture for both of us to get him to write "I also counted the person driving the tractor"!!

Just told Sito about the tractor driver, and he said Kai might not fare well in ambiguous test questions. He would need to learn to clarify the question or else just take it at face value. Ah well...

There was a major meltdown when he learnt that N was cooking rice for dinner. He had wanted fried rice. Gosh, I almost went mad. Took him very long to calm down. Then he asked to go out to play. So at 5 pm, I packed my laptop and went down with him and his scooter.

Working in the reading room while he scooted around


At one point, he ditched his scooter to play at the playground. Then he needed a drink so he went up on his own to get a drink. When he came back, two younger boys scooted back behind him so the three of them played together! When we left, Kai said bye bye to them.

N didn't use the stroller for Yu today coz he didn't want. I was apprehensive and got Kai to go fetch his brothers with me, coz he can help with bags.

Like how he went to find Sito in the crazy Aston queue and brought the bag up to the playground


What a disaster. Yu decided that I should either carry him or let him run freely - no handholding. Kai dropped both bags on me and went ahead with Yang, chatting. Based on later conversation, it seemed that he was telling him about his buddy - so cute!

I was chasing Yu about in the mall and suddenly, Yang appeared besides me, crying! He had been a "lost boy"! I was quite pissed with Kai until I saw him at the concierge - he looked worried. He even asked if Yang was a "lost boy" and said sorry to him. Awww.. Turned out that they both went into a shop and somehow, they lost sight of each other. Kai even asked someone in the shop whether he had seen his brother. Awww...

Well I guess the trip had a good ending. It started well too. Whenever I asked Kai about school, he couldn't tell me anything except "I forgot" or "I don't know"! But on our way to child care, I asked him about friends and he gave me five names, mostly seated around him going by their names - all Ss and Ts coz it's alphabetical by IC name, not surname. I was glad to hear that :) But turned out I was late in the game as Sito had already asked and got two names out of him.

Hope he gets into the swing of things and can tell me more about his day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment