Tuesday 8 January 2019

Transport to and from school

I'm glad my kids are used to waking up early. It used to be super early, like 4 plus for Yu and 5 plus for Kai and Yang. After Taiwan, somehow they got up later, but it became normal - 6 plus! So I was a bit sad that Kai had to wake at 5 plus again. Luckily, he took to it quite well.

Coz the school bus must send the kids in before 7 am, Kai got there very early, about 6.45 am. Assembly is at 7.40 am! Considering that kids should preferably go to class by 7.25 am before proceeding for assembly so they don't have to climb to assembly with their bags, it's still a good 40 min of waiting time, time that could be spent sleeping.

I totally enjoy reaching office before 7 am though, like I did on the third day of school. But I constantly worry about the kids not sleeping enough.

Hence I did a trial this morning. Or rather, yesterday morning. (Side note: Happy birthday to me! :p)

After sending Kai up the school bus, I went home and did some work until his brothers woke. I checked the bus times and left at 6.30 am to catch the next public bus to school. It's quite convenient, just across the road from my block.

While it took me under 30 min on the first two days of school, it took me 50 mins this time, thanks to the horrendous traffic at a total of six schools right after the highway exit! That was longer than the 45 min by school bus, but it would save 30-40 min of sleep time. I also recced the MRT way but didn't like it coz it was a 10-min walk along a busy road with cars whizzing by.

So we discussed and I texted the person-in-charge. She got back to me only at night but good news, we ditch the morning school bus from this morning! I will send Kai to school, watch him go in and take the same bus to change to MRT to get to office.

Now, I just hope there is no meltdown when he wakes tomorrow to this piece of news!

No comments:

Post a Comment