Saturday 29 October 2005

Bus transfers

Oh, that rainy Thurs night, I was at Union and to avoid getting drenched, I chose to take FOUR buses to get back rather than the MRT, which required a certain amount of walking under no shelter. Crazy right? :p

Took bus #1 from opposite Amara to somewhere near my place - took about 30min. Then it was bus #2 to opposite my place - another 20min. Could have walked back from there but it was still rainy and the lightning and all made it scary.. Decided to take bus #3 to the interchange and take a bus back the same route so I would drop right outside, heh!

I was lucky there was a feeder bus that ran late cos other buses had all ceased operations by that time! Then as I alighted bus #4, the card reader said I paid $0.00 after a $0.25 rebate.

I checked my travel records at a machine yesterday and found that somehow the cost of each trip got less and less due to the rebates, leading finally to zero cost! Interesting find :)

Update 31 Oct 05

Um, I neglected to add that I had only $7 apart from my ezlink card, not to mention the impossible cab queue at Amara..

1 comment: