Thursday 27 October 2005

Fun with my Ixus

Sito had this painful toe for a few weeks so after lesson last Sunday, Shifu offered to send him to a sinseh at Chinatown - "you must cure it fast!" My nose detected a Kodak moment and the rest of me followed..

I now reveal with much glee, the patient's expression as the sinseh twisted his bones into position!



Heh heh, am I evil or what? :p

The place - Lee Thim Kay or something - looked so old and reminded me of those bygone days when many places had no floor tiles; it was usually just cold grey cemented floor. And the smell! Of herbs and herbal pastes, mmm.. I like :)

But bliss from my prized photo was short-lived.. - I kena bird shit on the way to the MRT! We both saw the white dollop falling between us. Sito thought it just fell through, but I knew better - my knee felt the shit through my thin drawstrings =(

Literally feeling like shit, I spent the next hour on the road trying to find my next destination - family chalet at the end of the world: Changi/Loyang! (I don't know the difference..) After putting down my heavy bag, I noticed that Grams was looking gorgeous in her outfit! It was a blue piece that I'd never seen before..



It took a lot of effort to get this shot ok, old people being camera-shy and all..

There was this half hour when people were trying to achieve the perfect marshmallow after witnessing mf's standard *smug* Yan was very comical, kept talking and giggling (hence shaking) while roasting hers, ending up with two consecutive ashy marshmallows! Eh, must be serious when roasting that perfect marshmallow ok.. Crispy on the outside, and the inside soft and sticky, yummm.. like this:



After the BBQ, I had a revelation. Aunt and I were flanking Grams and just staring at her. Aunt said she called Grams a big fat pig, and pointed out her bits of fats showing through her pretty top. Grams just smiled :) And at about that instant, a thought struck me: Grams and Meh were very alike! No wonder I can't help looking at them both - too cute!

2 comments:

  1. That toe twisting was painful! But the sinseh was really good (albeit with a very strange sense of humour..) -Sito

    ReplyDelete