Wednesday 7 September 2011

Hello hello? Can you hear me?

A thought popped into my head the other day. I've always liked to take photos as a keepsake for memorable times in our lives. And this blog, this writing of sorts, stores my personality in a way.

But I'm missing something - voice.

I really like my voice! But only the way it sounds to me. I've never got used to how I sound to other people. I have recorded my voice a few times just to hear what I sound like to others. And what a blow to narcissistic me the first time I heard my voice from a playback!

My speaking voice is rather nasal and tends to go sharp. I find it funny that I sound pretty bo chap. Quite a hollow voice. Or maybe I recorded a hollow monologue? :p

My "presentation" voice - I rehearsed for presentations at work :p - is still nasal but it's more low-pitched. Have to be, else too kiddish for work!!

My singing voice is the worst of all - nasal and hollow and screechy! So sad.. Better just sing to myself in future :(

But my cute voice is ok. It's, um, cute hoho!

I guess mine is not a voice that commands attention, just good enough to 骗小孩 :p

1 comment:

  1. I think everyone sounds funny and not good enough to themselves. But if no one is telling you you sound funny, it's good enough for the general public bah. Moving on... next obsession... sunscreen! Nana

    ReplyDelete