Saturday 21 January 2006

Bits and pieces..

The whole week was a haze; time flies when I'm busy. I remember that two new female colleagues joined us on Mon; one a marathon runner and the other an am-pro in rumba! Wow.. What did I do on Tues..? Argh! Can't remember!

Wed was a bad day - gastric pain from about 4pm. I don't know why! I had lunch at 1+ and I ate slow so it couldn't be indigestion. It was a mild one so I went for ballroom anyway. But somehow it got a bit worse and I had to sit and watch; couldn't dance cos I couldn't straighten, had to keep bent to comfort my tummy. I rated it a moderate gastric attack by then. Was in pain for about 8hours in all before I slept - had compulsively insisted on finishing up some work I neglected. Thanks all for your concern :) I promise to see a doctor some day! In fact I've just made an appointment for a full medical in Feb..

Talking about health, I received a call one night (can't remember when!) from TTSH to ask me if I would like take part in a study (not clinical trial) to document the use of an immunity drug against dust mite allergy. Of course I do! Anything to cure this! My first visit (out of five in a year and a half) is scheduled a week after CNY. Excited!

Oh, I suddenly remember, Tues was farewell lunch for HK. Dor collated a booklet of things we wrote for him and had FK read out the hilarious poem on the front page - there was a line that says "HK, our division daddy"! Omg..

And Na is back from a work trip in China! She was telling me on Thurs night about what she bought, the food there and the "amazing" toilets - think we dwelt on that last bit for quite a while :p

Yesterday I was supposed to finish up some stuff and almost forgot about our monthly healthy lifestyle activity! I wanted to visit the
NEWater plant very much so I went despite the outstanding work - which was why I worked until freaking 140am last night. But wait, that wasn't a complaint :p The tour was worth it though it was quite short. Good to know something about the water we drink! In fact, I find the experience simply faaantastic! That was the stupid pet phrase of the virtual guide, obviously catered for school kids..

Oh after blogging last night, I received an sms from TC asking me to send his 7pm email back to him cos he had to resend with some amendments. That was like freaking 2am! Just thought it incredible that he would think that I wasn't asleep and that he had assumed I had my lappy with me - the unfortunate thing was that he was actually right on both counts! Anyway, just heard he sent to LH and HK too, so I'm not checking my email anymore, heh heh!

No comments:

Post a Comment