Tuesday 31 January 2006

Some random stuff

1) Was sitting at this spot earlier today and thought it looked a bit different outside the kitchen windows. Later I walked to the windows and realised the trees outside had been felled. It means they're making way for the upgrading works! :)

2) I felt most weird watching Geisha. It's one thing reading a story set in a non-English speaking country in English, and quite another watching it!

3) Yesterday was the first time in my life that I went to town on the second day of CNY. Even in the shopping malls, some shops remained closed. The coffee shop downstairs is still closed cos it's run by Malaysians who have all gone back home for CNY. GOOD, cos the whole bunch of them stay in the unit next door and are very noisy every night, not to mention the cigarette smoke that floats in, yucks!

4) Mother just dumped five red packets into my lap, all from relatives and friends who came visiting yesterday while I was out. One was from this cousin, obviously reused cos the glue was loose and the money actually fell out of the bottom as I tried to open from the top! I don't mind recycling red packets but come on, glue it properly! Ok, I'm quite biased against this family - I never want to be around when they come by.. Anyway, loot of $226 this year - happy :p

5) Friend was saying how guys would only treat her like a little girl and nothing more cos of her appearance, and wondered if she should change. I had similar thoughts, cos guys treat me like one of them sometimes! But if I were to change, then I wouldn't be mf anymore! Scary thought, to be mf and yet.. not mf.. Hmm..

6) I chose to ignore Mother's nagging over my drinking last night. And I'll never tell her I used to drink a lot more! My tolerance was better last time, likely cos I had a lot more fats back then :p Well, better to learn my limit now than later! I was thinking about it just now and realised I probably wouldn't want to lose control over my drinking anymore; am getting to the age when such behaviour seems rather unbecoming..

7) Renewed reading list, in order of priority:
Everlasting Regret - difficult to read but must finish that!
The Magic of Thinking Big - something I wish to check out..
The World is Flat - another one that sounds interesting
Memoirs of a Geisha - relegated to lower priority but it remains
Japanese text - must practise! On alternate nights when I don't have my retainers on, cos I lisp a bit with my retainers :p

8) 8 items today, just for CNY luck :p I feel that I haven't had enough CNY goodies this year - told you this is one weird CNY! Think I'll go grab a bit now!

No comments:

Post a Comment