Tuesday 31 January 2006

CNY 2006

It feels strange. CNY arrived rather suddenly cos the week before had been totally hectic. And now, it's the last day of the holidays!

The first day with Grams was quite unlike previous years. The lunch was still the same, we sat elbow to elbow eating from the hot pot - literally kuei sio! But after that, we didn't play very much. Played a bit of Game of Life with the cousins. Then some left by mid afternoon. Yan had to go to her godmother's place some time in the pm too so I took a nap while waiting for her to come back so we could carry on our girl talk.

A phonecall woke me from my nap. An anonymous call. I was groggy from sleep but I found the voice familiar. Then it dawned - Kofi! Goodness, I was so shocked! He called to say happy new year - thanks man! :)

Oh, I was traumatised by Hui - she called me mama! =( Wa liao, I never knew I had this 8 year old daughter! I refused to acknowledge her greetings until she called me jiejie. But once I turned to her, she called me mama-jiejie *faint* And with a smile too adorable to ignore! Truly the baby of our family :)

My nose decided it wasn't happy with me for some reason towards the evening so I slept quite early. Woke early for a jog the next day, cleared my nose, phew!

Did some work until lunch when I had to get ready for all the visiting. CY came and watched me do my make-up etc. Paiseh, girl! Was too slow yesterday :p Then we walked to her place mid afternoon. Relooked our photos from Taiwan and laughed over some stuff again. She also tried to tempt me to go for Singapore Idol! But I prefer to sing Mandarin songs leh.. And I don't fancy queueing the whole day to register for audition. Think the system is crap - since people can sign up online, can't the system allocate audition time instead of asking all the wannabes to queue for a first-come-first-serve audition??

Walked over to Ker's place after that - many of my friends stay around me! He had an open house - I think I shall not have anything of that sort; tough to host people who don't know one another..

Rushed back to put down the mandarin oranges before dinner with KLK. Tok passed by my neighbourhood on his way to town so came by to give me my birthday present - thanks! :)

Na, YS, Kok, MS, Tok and I squeezed at a seat for four cos two were quite late. Only remember one part of our conversation: would you go out with an ugly person? Tok shared that in a seminar he attended, only one girl listed looks as one of top five criteria for a partner. I said she was the only honest girl around. I'm honest too, hee hee.. So they asked me if I would still hold my stand at 30. How about 35? 40? Then YS said they should ask if an ugly guy would ask me out at 40.. $%^&*#$%^&!!

Anyway, we left the restaurant when YX arrived. Kok went back - poor guy had to work today - while the rest of us headed for dbl-O. It was very fun! Drinks were so damn cheap at $3 per shot that we just downed a number before hitting the dancefloor. Results? Two rather pissed girls. Don't know about Na but I could still do differentiation - I've never been good at integration so don't ask me! Strange, every time I show the slightest sign of being tipsy, people will ask me to differentiate or integrate. Is it cos of my maths degree or is it cos we are a bunch of nerds?? :p

I felt quite ok after a couple of burps (heh!) except that I was losing my motor skills. But Na was feeling rather bad so we left. I shared a cab with Tok while MS gave the rest - all westerners - a lift. Five seconds in the cab and I felt truly sick. Had my head down all the time trying to control motion sickness made worse by the drinking while hearing Tok talking with the friendly (he sounded friendly) uncle who said something about penalty of don't-know-how-much should I puke - thought he said it like it happened to him every day..

Anyway, I got back safely without puking in the cab. But I did puke in the end. I was going to change when I felt it coming. I walked slowly (couldn't move faster) to the toilet, recalled with dread the last time I puked from over drinking at Dol's birthday party of four drunk girls, bent over and BUAAAH! Yucks.. Made myself drink some juice to get rid of the smell. Then I stripped down to my underwear and slept, but somehow I managed to sms CY to cancel KTV before that!

Going out soon to watch Geisha with CY - backup plan since I couldn't sing now. Later shall do some work before a jog in the park again. Then it will be a good night's rest before resuming normal working hours from tomorrow!

PS: Strangely, I didn't take pictures this year, hmmm..

1 comment:

  1. I am lost.. Dear MF, I am not following.. Which day is which? So many nice activities.. I hope you have great fun!!

    SZ

    ReplyDelete