Tuesday 10 January 2006

Out with the thrash

Spent the pm in my pyjamas (still in them, and they are dirty now :p) surrounded by piles of school magazines and other miscellaneous stuff and dust. As I flipped through each, I struck them off my "treasure list"; I'm finally willing to give them up after hoarding them for years!

Dumped all my Oxford Union term mags which I never read, sec prize giving ceremony programme booklets (programme booklets! Imagine!), expired warranty cards, two handheld electric fans, old bookmarks, rotting batteries (yucks!) and novel extracts from almost two years ago. Also gave Mother some stuff I never needed - souvenir pens from events (too heavy for me), old bookmarks, souvenir key chains and various dangling mobile accessories with forgotten origins and whose existence I forgot too (and I need no more than one, or at most two, of each!) - to dispose off, give away or something.

Could have dumped a lot more - eg JC notes?! - but I was lazy and did not clear out everything in the bigger cabinet since the stuff at the back had been intact for the past year.. Even then, I only just managed to finish cleaning up. Though it was likely all the before-I-dump-it last read that took up so much time :p

Oh, counted my movie stubs - 106 since I came back some two years ago! And there were some movies whose stubs I forgot to keep.. Can't help remembering that Mother's last movie was when I was in pri 3, ie 17 years ago! ~.~ Anyway, I dumped them all with the school mags and resolved not to keep future movie stubs anymore. It's.. unhealthy..

I must go make myself healthy now, with some food.. Think I'm famished..

PS: Was about to publish when I saw this off Kel's MSN: beauty is only skin deep, ugly.. goes to the bones! Haha! Can't get over it :p

No comments:

Post a Comment