Friday 13 January 2006

Now we have memes..

Remember all those chain emails, and even the chain letters during the days of snail mail? Sad to say, I was ignorant enough to actually react to one chain letter in pri school. Since then, I spurned everything else. Now I get especially irate at chain emails - oh, and of course, similar ICQ/MSN etc messages saying your account will be deleted if you don't send on blah! Pls! *roll eyes* - that promises happiness and luck etc if you forward it within the next n minutes or to n friends, n being a number you've chosen earlier; I make it a point to delete these chain crap at the end if I like the email enough to forward.

Then today, I received a tag from Nacente - for a meme! Honestly, I read his words as if he wrote Catalonian - huh?? But there's always good old google, which gives
this in addition to M-W's definition. Then I found a whole website on meme - I dare not read too much cos I'll just end up with loads more fluff to write here! (Not that that's bad - fluff, that is - but, as you can probably see, I already have a shitload of my life to impose on the regulars here!)

This sounds like fun and better, no endnote saying I would die 3million deaths or not meet my prince charming if I don't follow it. And as someone writes on his/her blog, "no obligation on the victims" - one is supposed to tag five others.. I'll play! But I'm not tagging anyone - you may tag yourself and attribute it to me if you like, heh!

Here go my five weird habits:

1) OCD: what's new? Next!

2) I break into song. I just do, and without warning, when I've got the radio or my mp3s, or when a tune takes root in my head.

3) It's easy to sweat in SG weather and I hate it. But there are times when I would love to sweat it out and then enjoy the ache for the next few days *.*

4) Exhibitionist streak: can't wear my clothes when my skin is still damp, so I walk out of the shower in my Tasmanian Devil towel to change in the room. And I change in front of the women in the house sometimes. I hate it but they want to watch VCD and won't pause unless one of them wants to go poopoo..

5) Feet fetish, or something close: they should never be raised above the knee; they stay on the floor! Must wipe my feet before putting them on bed, even after showering cos the floor is not too clean (bro's footprints etc)

6) I smile at nothing. I'm walking alone on the streets and quite suddenly, I smile. Sometimes I giggle. Some happy/ funny/ weird thoughts must have found their way into my head somehow..

7) The healthy eating paradox: vegetables must not be swimming in oil, ie no sambal kangkong, no sesame oil or fried onions over oyster sauce! But I take fried chicken and sometimes the skin, and I always eat the skin of roast duck instead of the lean bits. Well, the healthy stuff should be eaten healthy, ie sans oil - that's my rationale!

I know, there are seven instead of five - it means I'm weird and, as the big M says, I'm lovin' it!

1 comment: