Thursday 19 January 2006

Mad rush

Been mia for a while cos busy. Still busy but someone pissed me off very very much today.

There are a few functions of late that my team is organising for the first time and I'm doing RSVP with Ros. We sent out the invite on 4 Jan and this company has not yet replied though the event is next Mon. Ros called the PA - let's call her J - who said, "I'll get back to you cos I have a lot of things to clear, if you don't mind!"

Huh?! Well, I mind! So later, I called to chase. She sounded totally rude! In all gruesome details:

J: I cannot tell you now! My boss is overseas and I have to wait for her to come back!
mf: This event will take place next Mon *I stressed* and we have to confirm attendance by today. Could you just check her schedule to see if she is even back in Singapore by then?
J: She will be back next week!
mf: The event is on a Monday, would she be back on Monday??
J: She.. will be back on Monday..
mf: Oh.. But even then, can she rush for the lunch meeting if she wants to attend at all?
J: I'm not sure if she will come to the office on Monday and I can't ask her!
mf: *pissed* In that case, I suppose I could take it that she could not attend.
J: You said that, I didn't.
mf: Yes, I said that, cos we had to confirm attendance today. HOWEVER, appreciate if you could inform her that *she tried to interrupt here* IF *I didn't give her the chance* you could just inform her that..
J: Yes I will inform her, bye!
mf: Hang on! I meant to say if you could inform her that we would be like to extend an invitation to her in future since she is unable to attend this session.
J: Ok I will inform her! *click*

Wtf is that kind of attitude?!

1) I don't understand why the secretary of the CEO has no idea when the boss is coming back to office.
2) I don't understand how the secretary could stupidly think that she could RSVP for an event on the day itself. And she wasn't even sure if she would see her boss that day!

Could you imagine how hard it was for me to keep my voice level when talking with her?! Argh!

Anyway, a mini conversation to share, thought was funny/cute/funny.. Oh well..

Boss: Eh you must tell me if you're overwhelmed (with work), otherwise I'll just continue to shoot! Heh..
mf: *blink blink* Ok, then stop now! :p

Truth is, my to-do list is bursting with must-do's. And I just added another item that I wanted to do some day. Just need to finish fighting the fires from all these functions first, yucky.. SY, now I understand what a pain doing such things can be! My other stuff have to give way to the events, sighs..

2 comments:

  1. ah, poor thing.. most "admin" staff are like this. regardless where you are. they always drive us crazy.. don't bother to be too kind on them at times..

    SZ

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha... yes i totally understand what you are going through. Some PAs are lidat, but the majority are nice. No worries, will get used to it after a while =p

    ReplyDelete