Saturday 3 September 2005

Devotion


Source: Unknown

I hate ants. Saw one on my bedside table on Mon night, tried to flick it off a few times. Then suddenly, a clumsy flick pushed something off the table down the back of my bed. I pushed away the table to reach for my stuff. I brought up three items - the intact medicine oil, and the top and the bottom of Devotion, broken =(

Bought it in Greece in summer 2002 cos I liked the feeling the two figures gave me, a sense of comfort and ease with each other. They sat in front of me as one, right next to this laptop, throughout my MSc year. On return, I had no wish to stow it away like I did my Aphrodite aka Venus so I kept it close, next to my head.

That was the first time it fell, and now it's resting in the least dignified position on my altar top. Have no idea what to do with it.

1 comment:

  1. Devotion is indeed a nice piece of art!

    ReplyDelete