Monday 26 December 2005

Booklist

Nothing to do, so decided to compile my reading list. I have very few books cos of the existence of NLB; think I first went to the library at 7 or 8. Whatever books I own are book prizes from school. But now I like to buy books for keeps.. In bold are those I actually own.

Have read:
Some Enid Blyton - Faraway Tree!
Fairy tales galore!
Other random children's books that I can barely remember
Youth sleuth fiction, ie Nancy Drew, Hardy Boys, Famous Five, etc
Agatha Christie - fave is Murder on the Orient Express
Danielle Steele
Jeffrey Archer - fave is As the Crow Flies
David Eddings - fave is Belgariad
Sophie's World, Jostein Gaarder
Life and Death in Shanghai, Nien Cheng
Jia, Ba Jin - no chance to read Chun and Qiu yet
Hong Lou Meng, Cao Xue Qin
Life of Pi, Yann Martel
Midnight's Children, Salman Rushdie
Harry Potter, JK Rowling - I will buy one day!
Zhang Xiao Xian
Xiang Zuo Zou Xiang You Zou, Jimi
Dan Brown
The Underground Man, Mick Jackson
Middlesex, Jeffrey Eugenides
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time, Mark Haddon
Michelangelo and the Pope's Ceiling, Ross King
Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austen
Many others that I can't remember title, author or plot :p

Am reading:
Xi You Ji, Wu Cheng En - full text-only version, progress is very slow
Chang Hen Ge, by Wang An Yi

Next book is likely Memoirs of a Geisha, Arthur Golden, since the movie is showing soon :p

2 comments:

  1. How about Murasaki? Eh the bit about the curry was really cornee!!! Hahaha... Na

    ReplyDelete
  2. Memoirs of geisha is q nice. I tink u will like it!

    ReplyDelete