Friday 23 December 2005

I don't run; I jog

A boy called out to me as I was jogging one summer day of 2003:

"Can you go any slower?"

!!!

I should be offended. I mean, I knew I was going real slow, yet I was panting and all, but hey boy, that was rude! Still, I found it funny and tried my best to keep my composure, didn't want to embarass myself by laughing at such a dig at myself!

Then I saw two other boys urging their friend to jog along with me, at my speed. Now that was mean! Still, I wasn't about to flare at a bunch of teens, not when I was so out of breath! :p So I turned to the girl and amid my panting, waved and said hi to her. Then she stopped, looking a bit embarassed, and I very soon passed the whole group of idle kids.

I would like to believe I'm fitter now. And slightly faster. Insp has been a great motivation to me. When we first started jogging together just before CNY 2004 (omg that's a long time ago!), we barely went 10min before we gave up. Then she became Insp and her jogging improved so much I was totally in awe..

Her work keeps her away from the park and I have since stopped for the longest time. But I resumed jogging two Sundays ago; I've decided that with or without Insp, I must jog! I've not renewed my gym membership since it expired in Oct. Desperately need exercise to maintain and lose some weight if possible. More importantly, I need to build stamina for dancing!

The first Sunday was crap but the following Sat I managed to jog continuously around the park and went a bit farther! Motivated, I went again Tues evening but it rained. Shall do again this Sat :) A bit of exertion releases bottled frustration and keeps me happy and healthy and fit. I like :)

2 comments:

  1. Wah! Did u really jog tt slow? But those kids r real rude. Hmm.. No manners!

    I also nid to exercise! Sob! Big tummy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. good for you!... i just started last week too! then stopped again when i went malacca - - see you tonight!

    ReplyDelete