Friday 16 December 2005

Chapter 6 - modern abridged version

Inspired by my "I suspect we can hear such an exchange in this time and day, albeit in less fancy language", Kel took it upon himself to delight us with his "modern abridged version" - and Singaporean too, I must add. Such a move solicited one of my longest and most flowery (read: crappy) sms to him:

I must, indeed, congratulate you on your admirable literary skills (and of cos summary skills as well) that quite amazingly insult a great piece of literature and yet generate so much mirth I'm but obliged to bury my indignance in laughter that neither could nor should be suppressed. In such light, I shall hasten to make known to the world your hidden abilities on my most humble blog for the benefit of others the very first thing tomorrow.

The "compliment" was, of course, returned:
You have become an accomplice in ruining her great work..

Now, turn your attention to the lines in red in my previous post, replicated with his kind permission..

No comments:

Post a Comment