Friday 16 December 2005

Celebrating my (cyber) existence

One-liner summary: it's reflective of real-life mf, crazily blabbering away this moment and whimpy the next, but you can't tell when I'm (dead) serious and when I'm (half) joking. Actually, I myself can't tell sometimes!

The past year passed by really fast. I could still vividly remember Xmas last year, most of NY and most (some would say less but nvm!) of birthday, three parties in weekly succession. I remember CNY a little while after that and remember fearing that this second CNY upon my return might mark its downfall into a boring annual routine. I remember events and strings of events that strengthened some friendships and injured one. I remember making the decision to take dancing seriously. And in between all these was my work which I grew to like more and more especially in the past year.

But I forgot a whole lot as well.

From what I remember, my 2005 has been a pretty good year. Most significantly, I had the chance to be with myself and just myself in Tokyo and Taipei, a rarity unseen since the days of 177a Iffley Road, to dwell on on my existence, to not smile all the time, to smile at nothing in particular, to be me in the purest state. (Though I would come back and blabber nonsense every time!)

Why this? Why now? Cos I suddenly remember that this space is becoming one tomorrow (today? Anyway it's 17 Dec), and the beginnings of mf's mini world were long tales of my three parties in three weeks, soon to be repeated. I'm glad I keep hard copies of my memories here. Not complete but it's ok, I only need this bit to help me along when I revisit all this 50 years on for sweet recall.

*yawn*

I must sleep, for tomorrow is a long day! Later today, I mean..

No comments:

Post a Comment