Tuesday 13 December 2005

Pride and Prejudice - the movie

Remember one of those essay questions in school that says something like whether a movie adapted from a book can encourage people to read the book, or whether it is actually the easy way out for people who do not read books. It's the former for me, eg Harry Potter and now Everlasting Regret - bought the book in Taiwan and started it last week. But I'm going to pause this difficult book (traditional Chinese, vertical right-to-left read) and start on Pride and Prejudice - I must get the book today; I want to have a better picture of the whole story before I blog on it proper.

Still, I must first say that my fave character in the movie is Mr Bennet, just for these two lines from him to Elizabeth:

"Your mother will never see you again if you do not marry Mr. Collins... And I will never see you again if you do."

Can't find the exact sentence but "I can't give you to anyone who is not worthy of you." Or something like that when she told him she would marry Darcy.

Kiv the rest.

3 comments:

  1. Hey, if you are thinking of buying the book, i actually have a paperback copy somewhere hidden in my cupboard. Real old copy though, think i had it there since sec skool days... =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! watching that this Wednesday... yup loved the humorous conversation, too bad this is the only one of her books I find humourous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. or if you choose to listen to it - http://libraryladyaudiobooks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete