Saturday 31 December 2005

End-of-year musings

1) All sorts of organisations love to print such things carrying their brand name for their staff, their clients. But how many calendars can a household or office have? And how many diaries or organisers can a person have??

2) I don't usually receive Xmas cards but I did my first (of two) this year - it was from Partyworld KTV who also sent me my first birthday card *.* Would rather not have received at all but I must say I don't mind the vouchers :p KTV, anyone?

3) Washed my hair with Dove body foam and showered with Organics (normal hair) one night. Conclusion: can save bathroom toiletry space by having just one of either. Probably the shampoo cos I prefer it more foamy.

4) Someone - my memory fails me - did a double turn as I was keeping my pink brolly; he thought it was a vibrator! Yeah, I keep one in my bag in case I get horny but have no prey nearby..!

5) Thought of several friends that day as I was browsing through my stack of photo albums, predecessors of my Ixus. Faces whose names I've forgotten, faces of friends who were once close, faces of acquaintances whom I keep in touch with now and then, faces of my closest friends.. This is always the time for some nostalgic reminiscence..

6) Received a most lovely shoe bag from Na - thanks! :) It's all gold and shiny, with two heart-shaped thingies to stuff into my shoes! I'm so going to order that pair of dance shoes after NY; UK mail must be overloaded at this time of the year..

7) At yet another kopi session with the boys, Kok sat down with his fifth cup of tea.

Kel: That auntie told you excessive tea is bad for guys.. What if cannot??! *eyebrows raised, meaningfully*
Kok: Nvm la, no gf now..
Kel: Nonetheless, must check that everything is working fine.. Your $58.80 can help you.. Hahahahaha!

Subsequent bit of conversation related to whether Kok should use his master hand for clicking the mouse or, as Kel put it, self diagnosis..!

I find it interesting that they have no qualms sprouting all that crap in front of me. Thought of two interpretations for it:
a) They are comfortable around me; or
b) They don't see me as a girl.

Kel offered me an alternative: 50-50. Hmmm.. I admit I'm not too feminine, esp with them, but I would still like to think it's the former :p

8) Had a fabulous time with CY over dinner at Chocolate Bar - yes! Choc for dinner! :) Don't know if you feel it, CY, but I think we are getting crazier with age and with the time we have known each other - 15years! And we both like lao hong biscuits, soggy icecream waffles, nothing too crispy! :p

At one point, her colleague called to inform her that she wouldn't be transferred to another desk. I heard wrongly...

CY: My colleague helped me to ask Sheng J (her boss)
mf: Shen? Ask Shen (god)?!
CY: Haha! Ya, go temple *imagine funny praying action* Hahaha!

9) Na was trying to show me her haircut through webcam as we didn't meet for a while. The webcam window showed on my tiny monitor. Took some time before the first images came through and..

Ahh!!!!!

I freaked out; she had zero expression on, or maybe she had but her fringe was covering her face, or maybe it was the split frames due to my 56.6k modem - very eerie!! ~.~

She pulled all sorts of faces until I had to get Mother to take a look :p

Mother: I don't know her.. (She just couldn't remember, not to mention she didn't have her glasses on)
mf: *still laughing*
Mother: Huan gia ah?!
mf: Huh?! Winner! :p

10) One of those sms exchanges again. Kel said my paranoia might be due to a deeper psychological problem..

Kel: So I earnestly ask, what problems do you have?
mf: Sexual deprivation *.*
Kel: I sponsor you $40 or one dildo.

*.*

11) Watched Narnia this morning, my fourth movie of the week after King Kong, Promise, Chinese Tall Story.

I LIKE!!!!

I have a weaknes for this kind of show, rolling countryside, period costumes, ahhh... And the sheer magic of the show, ahhh...

12) It was raining and we were trapped in Paragon - five of us with one brolly, my pink brolly. Kel sent SY over to Lucky Plaza and then me. On his way back, he kindly gave a stranger a lift! Needless to say, it was a young girl who, Na informed when YX sent her over, would look very pretty with some make-up. Kel ah, very smart hor? Hee hee.. Ok la, he was being kind :)

13) Going to eat something now before heading for the countdown party at Ngee Ann Civic Plaza later with Na. Next I blog, it's a brand new year!

A blessed 2006, everyone :)

2 comments: