Saturday 3 December 2005

A mourning

I know I never like you very much from the start. Nevertheless, I still feel sad to see you go like that.. Just as well, what's the point of swimming alone in a tank with your owner busy with his gf and paying you much less attention than before? I'm sorry for you.. I hope you didn't suffer too much pain from whatever that killed you, be it old age or some fishy worm.

Hour of death: about 1145, 3 Dec 05.

A decision is made: I shall not keep pets at all; I don't want to wake up one day and find my pet breathing its last. Like my bro.

His fish was lying on its side, its gills wide open and mouth gasping. Mother woke him, "your fish is waiting to see you one last time", she said. How true, cos the fish soon stopped gasping and just rested on the pebbles. I saw YQ lift its body and slowly letting go. But it didn't swim, it just fell gently down again and stayed there.

YQ scooped it out and placed it on a piece of plastic. I took a look and what a different feeling it gave me! I mean, I've seen dead fish before, the promfrets and such in the fish market, but they don't make me sad. Perhaps I've never seen them swim, or they are labelled "food" to me from the start, not "pet". He's burying the poor thing downstairs now..

No comments:

Post a Comment