Monday 19 December 2005

Peace

It was a most delightful Sunday night. Mother was watching TV in the living room. MZ was in Bangkok so I had the room to myself. Decided on Eason Chen's Lonely Christmas over Christmas carols. And I just sat on my bed with my sketch book and a charcoal pencil, listening to the songs as I sketched rubbish. Did that until my pencil became blunt. But I realised I had no sharpener. So I stopped, kept the stuff, switched off the lights, and just let the melancholy tunes and lyrics fill my every pore until I dozed off.

Tonight, I'll enjoy my fav jazz album of carols and read my book. I'll stop reading at certain songs and gaze smilingly into nothingness, perhaps breaking into song here and there. Ahhh, nice..

Tomorrow night, last night before it gets noisy again, I'll play yet another sad CD, or maybe the same Eason Chen one, and be quietly miserable. I like that, being miserable; there can be beauty in misery like joy in tears. I just like.

Wed night, back to normal. I shall be out.

1 comment:

  1. why do you like being miserable? thinking of your past relationships ah? hhmm...

    ReplyDelete